5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best craft books I have ever bought.
Let me start by saying that I am a craft book-aholic, and am always on the look out for new projects to try with or without my children. I bought this at the same time as two other crafting books - and this was by far the best.
Published on 14 Feb 2011 by Mrs. K. Mcbirnie

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly quirky
Yes the designs are a bit quirky and certainly different. Haven't yet made many but hope to do so in the future. Nice clear photos and patterns
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best craft books I have ever bought., 14 Feb 2011
Mrs. K. Mcbirnie "stuntmoose" (East Riding, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
Practically speaking the patterns are excellent, perforated pull out patterns rather then the type you have to photocopy or enlarge. Taking them out certainly won't ruin the feel of the book, as I have found with other books.
The sewing projects are also grouped together in themes such as 'creature comforts' (some of the cutest aminals ever) 'activity toys' (my daughter immediately zoned in on the Babushka Basket) and 'divine dollies'. It makes the book feel really well thought through rather then one of those 'lets cash in on the crafting boom' books.
The photography is beautiful - all of the projects look handcrafted rather then home made, which is what all of us budding crafters are after. The photographs and close ups also serve as inspiration - what sort of beads, buttons and ribbons to look for on ebay or in our local haberdashery shop, and really give you a sense of excitement about what you can create.
Lastly, the instructions are easily read and understood, and the diagrams wonderfully clear and easy to follow.
I would recommend this book for addicted crafters like myself, someone looking for half term projects with the children, or as a wonderful and exciting gift to spark inspiration in a budding, or long standing crafter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not stuffed at all, 12 Jan 2011
Amazon Customer (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
I got this book for my birthday along with a couple of other crafty books - needless to say this is the one I'm using - I love that you don't have to enlarge the patterns, all the patterns are a different colour, so you can see where all the bits are you need, there are great tips for making your toy look good, and the patterns are well written, for the most part. There have been a couple of assumed steps in the two toys I've made, but nothing that a moderately experienced sewer with commonsense couldn't cope with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book with real sized patterns, 27 April 2011
Sandra Miller (Norfolk, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
Easy to follow instructions, lots of different types of toys to make. This book has the added advantage of having full sized templates/patterns for every toy in an easy tear out section at the back. I don't have a photocopier at my disposal so increasing a template or pattern by 200% or whatever is a problem but this book provides all the patterns in full size all colour co-ordinated so all you have to do is trace them onto paper and off you go! So easy - I wish all the craft books would take a leaf out of this ones book (pardon the pun) and do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Book, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
I have a variety of different sewing books and wanted one with different toys/dolls. This book and ideas are both funky and traditional, the patterns in the back are on good quality paper and full sized scale so no boring up-sizing. The instructions are clear with handy hints. Im really enjoying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 28 May 2012
Pax Payton-smart (Reading Berks uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
Super patterns, full sized and ready to go- what more could one ask!I only make toys as a hobby, but have made, out of this book
5 storks, in different colours,3 owls, the dachshund, the sheep, Marvin mouse,2 Boos, 1 comforter, and 2 of the large elephants. [ I joined the patchhwork pieces together, I wanted them in a single colour each.
I made them all in fleece, which, in my opinion is a wonderful material for them. Easy to sew and a beautifully soft finish - very "huggable"
I particularly love the storks/birds. After making something large or complicated I usually make a bird as light relief. They are a delight anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars sewand stuff, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
Lovely colourful book lots of information and projects. Make ideal gift for crafter or to use to make little girl present.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly quirky, 21 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Toy Making, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
Lovely book. Big bonus , patterns full size. Full instructions given and looking forward to first project Oskar the Owl

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking book., 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
This is a top book for the home craft worker.All the instructions are clear with good patterns. The range of projects is very good with something for everyone. This would make a lovely xmas present for any enthusiast. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stuffariffic!!!!!!, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Sew It, Stuff It (Paperback)
This book is simply marvelous!
Creative, beautifully styled and trendy! The patterns are wonderfully simple to follow with clear steps, illustrations and templates to follow.
I would recommend this to any sewing enthusiast from beginner to expert. I have made Daisy the Dinosaur, Sidney the Stork and currently working on Egbert.
I also purchased the Cath Kidston which, compared to this is far inferior.

In addition I have also looked and purchased Rob Merrett's other books, 'The Perfect Apron' and 'Cute Clothes for Kids'/Making Baby's Clothes' which are equally impressive.

ROB MERRETT IS HUGELY TALENTED!!!

Sew It, Stuff It
Sew It, Stuff It by Rob Merrett (Paperback - 12 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: 1.92