5.0 out of 5 stars the joys of creation
Published on 25 Jun. 2010 by K. Platt

3.0 out of 5 stars it's a little book
the book have few things to do. I thought that book have more projects. it's a simple book. for children is a good at images.
Published 23 months ago by Marisa

5.0 out of 5 stars the joys of creation, 25 Jun. 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
This is an excellent priced hardback book representing great value for money. We might think that all kids these days are only interested in computers, but deep inside - they all love handmade things, especially something to cuddle. Encouraging creativity is also important for development, so get the kids involved, set aside a regular morning and work your way through this book full of great ideas for kids.

This book has all you need to encourage your children's creativity, fire their imagination (I'm longing for a set of fairy wings wings myself not to mention a tiara and magic wand). The patterns are adaptable with a little imagination. I love the felt cell phone and I am guessing there will be a scramble to see who gets the first cat bag and socks will be disappearing from drawers to make dozens of sock monsters. Good old-fashioned play with practical ideas, this book has plenty of appeal for a wide age range. It comes complete with easy-to-follow instructions, advice on techniques, templates and suppliers. Perfect for the summer holidays and highly recommended. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice book, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my girls and we all like the book very much. Many great projects, both easy ones and some a little harder. I would say the age should be from around 7-8 y and up. So nice photos and layout and the descriptions for the projects are also very good. Don't worry to buy this book, it's worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars sewing for children, 13 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
Excellent! Such a colourful, happy, user friendly book! One of the best... inspiring, well styled.. I have adapted and used loads of the ideas as I teach youngsters to sew.. plus great ideas for boys too (and yes, I do have boys in my classes... I encourage them!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good rread, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
Perfect book for a 10 year old child who loves making and sewing She has made quite a lot of things shown in the book

3.0 out of 5 stars it's a little book, 17 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
Thought about purchasing this book for about a year before taking the plunge as I am gathering quite a collection of sewing books, but this one is great. Well worth the price. We're making the rag doll at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best childrens sewing book I have come accross, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
My 5 year old loves reading this book with me and we are currently working on the mobile phone project. It is a firm favourite now and will be a much loved and well treasured book for her in years to come. Thanks Emma Hardy for this wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book Great projects for kids of all ages, 6 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
I love this book and highly recommend it. I have been using this book to teach my grandchildren and nieces (ages 3,6, 10 and 18) to sew. The younger ones first project was the pompoms. This was followed by the sock monsters which they still love and play with. These projects gave them the enthusiasm to learn more and 6 months in they still look forward to our monthly get togethers and making things that they personalise. They have also made the finger puppets and drawstring bags. The pictures look great and inspire the children to have a go - so far they have picked toys to make and they have loved the results. I have steered the younger ones towards the easier projects that can be completed in one session and gradually they are building up their sewing skills. They have already mastered running stitch, whip stitch and back stitch. My older nieces (age 10 and 18) had a go at the owl and the applique cushion which proved frustrating as first projects for them because they did not realise how long they would take to complete. On reflection, as with the younger ones, a first project that could of been completed in one session (approx 2 hours) would have been better. I have also made the owl as a doorstop for myself which looks really cute and made variations on the needlecase for gifts. All the projects have turned out very much like the pictures. The instructions are really clear and easy to follow. The projects use few materials and I have often been able to use scraps or recycled fabrics and buttons so the cost has been minimal for hours of fun and learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars sewing for children book, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
love this cute book, has lots of projects in which are fairly easy for a beginner to follow as well as more experienced, great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Difficult, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Sewing for Children (Hardcover)
I'm a novice sewer. I bought this book for my seven-year-old daughter's birthday so that we could learn to sew together. The photographs in the book are beautiful. However, the projects are quite difficult. We have found that the directions are unclear, the pictures are unhelpful, and it is hard to enlarge the patterns located in the back of the book. Had I known this, I would not have purchased this book.

Sewing for Children
Sewing for Children by Emma Hardy (Hardcover - 11 Mar. 2010)