4.0 out of 5 stars Libby and Fran do it again
Although I did enjoy this murder mystery set mainly in Kent England I was a bit disappointed, it didn't hit the mark as her other books do.
Her books appeal to me because Libby and Fran are about my age so I can relate to them.
The ladies do get themselves into quite a pickle even if they don't mean to.
The green man is the background to the story and his...
Published on 7 July 2010 by Old Bird

2.0 out of 5 stars Murder in The Green
This book explores the pagan and early Christian customs of England and the Isle of Man. The author has clearly done research and presents a festival of firelighting, well dressing and other customs. However this is supposed to be a mystery, and there the author seems to have run out of steam.
The protagonist Libby Serjeant notes that a man has disappeared but she...
Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Clare O'Beara

2.0 out of 5 stars Murder in The Green, 6 Jun. 2012
Clare O'Beara - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Murder in the Green (Libby Serjeant Murder Mysteries) (A Libby Sarjeant Murder Mystery Series) (Paperback)
The protagonist Libby Serjeant notes that a man has disappeared but she spends the majority of the book declaring that she is not going to investigate it (well, what are the police paid for, we ask) and mooching about her house declaring that she does not want to move even though her partner is putting a lot of work into restoring another home for them. She has interminable meals, snacks and chats with various characters and if the disappearance/murder does get solved it is only by Libby's falling over the obvious at the very end.
The tale is not very good at holding our attention and all the paganism may be well described but we could read a reference book for that purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Libby and Fran do it again, 7 July 2010
The ladies do get themselves into quite a pickle even if they don't mean to.
The green man is the background to the story and his murder whilst on a parade through the town, although the plot is a good one I think the story didn't quite gel but while I still enjoyed it her other books are better.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Mar. 2012
not as good as some of her books. Lots of padding - with the constant going over events with various people and recounting murders in previous books. Felt the author really has something against Morris dancers! Not much of a plot really. ONE thing that annoys me about all her her books is the way Libby is constantly putting boiled water back on her Rayburn to boil, her tea must be be vile! Fran's "moments" don't seem to appear much in these books and their involment with the police is unrealistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 22 Sept. 2012
Fantastic series of books about middle aged sleuth. Great characters and plots. Had to get all books in series I enjoyed them so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jun. 2014
Garry Iles "Gazza" (UK) - See all my reviews
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books!, 17 Jun. 2014
I love these books cant put them down, I have read 4 so far and every one has been great.I love the plots and they usualy keep me wondering who done it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Murder in the Green, 27 April 2014
As I am new to Kindle I am rebuilding my library with as many of my favourite books as possble.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's like a drug, 28 Mar. 2014
I can't stop reading these books, it's like a drug. Another good story well written, on to the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder in the green, 24 Mar. 2014
Just finished the book, like all the series it was one I just kept reading until the end, try it

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 19 Mar. 2014
Working my way though her books, she allows me to be part of them as a shadow I just love Libby and Fran...

Used & New from: £0.01