Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 May 2010
Cleo and Gav's marriage is over, or so Gav insists. Cleo had thought everything was fine, so hurt and a little bewildered by his announcement, she goes out with her friends and ends up spending the night with the gorgeous, free-spirited Justin. Cleo's night out ends up changing her life more than she could have possibly imagined.

I sat down to have a quick peak at this book as soon as the postman delivered it, then, unable to put it down, made myself comfortable and read until the end. It was so good. Both fun and shocking in places. I loved it and can't recommend it enough. I just wish I didn't have to wait until Sue Moorcroft's next book comes out.
on 4 August 2010
Moorcroft did again and delivered another honest and lovely book. And she also gives us another ass who breaks it off in such an evil way. This time our heroine comes home and in the bedroom her ass of a husband has written on the bedroom wall, the marriage is over.

That is how the book starts, and Cleo goes out. There she meets hottie Justin who takes her home, and she is loving it. But as the dust settles the next day she goes home to find a husband who regrets his outburst. She tries to save her marriage, but in the end, is it worth saving?

Let me start with saying that Gav was an ass, not just cos of his little message, but because of so many other things. He controls her, and as I read on I come to realise just as she does that this marriage is not as perfect as everyone thought.

Cleo is great, she tries to work things out with Gav. And she finds her own strength. She is honest. And then there is hottie Justin, such a hottie and he has it bad for her. He was a great guy, and I am sure most women will think so too.

An honest book about a real marriage that has cracks under the surface. A book about people making mistakes, people trying their best, and falling in love. And no 2 week romances here, no, they take their time to fall in love, and when they do you just lean back and smile, and think, this is the real deal.

There is a lovely romantic story evolving in this book, and they are so meant for each other, even if the road there is long. An honest, romantic story about a woman torn between two men. I liked it, and I especially like the second half cos there is gets kind of exciting, and it kept me wondering how that would end.

It's always nice to read about real people because it does make me think, what would I do?
on 2 February 2011
I have to admit I have got a little bit bored of reading the types of books where you know who's going to end up with who by the end of the first page. I am pleased to say, this is not one of those books. The characters are very strong, and without giving anything away, it's not completely obvious how things are going to pan out right from the start.

I was gripped once I started reading this, I can tell I am enjoying a book when I don't want to put it down. I also ended up with a bit of a crush on one of the main characters.

I won my copy of this book via a Choc Lit competition. I'm now looking forward to reading more by Sue Moorcroft.
on 22 December 2011
This is a story of marriage and relationships with the central characters being Cleo and Gav, who are married, and Justin, Cleo's one-night stand.

I thought the first third of the book was excellent and I wanted to keep reading to find out what happened. After that point I found it got a bit monotonous with the continuing 'will they/won't they' scenarios throughout the book; to be honest, it got a bit boring for me and I just wanted the characters to get on with it! There's the usual happy ending but there are some twists along the way, with one of the characters turning into a bit of a weirdo.

A nice book, definitely worth a read; no complicated storylines - just complicated relationships! Easy read, keeps you interested throughout. I gave this a 3-star rating; I wanted to give it 3.5 but that's not possible. The only thing that I found a bit dull was the predictable outcome of Cleo and Justin's relationship; which you knew would happen throughout the whole book - I just got a bit bored of waiting for it to happen. Other than that, it's a thumbs-up from me!
on 14 July 2010
This story has it all - and it's a treat to read. For me, it's baby Shona who has the pivotal role, both in her own right [who can forget her greeting ('huhyo!') to Justin, her appetite for food and life, and the author's spot-on description of a toddler's bobbing run?] and also in the part she plays in the story. With the lightest of touches, we know instantly the relative goodness of each character by the way he or she interracts with this lively child. The romance is there, for sure, but it's the down-to-earth descriptions of life, love and consequences that give this story the edge and make it memorable.

Quite nice to meet Ratty again, too!
on 22 June 2010
Wow, what can i say, this is a fantastic book.

When i sat down to read this book, it was just to pass a couple of minutes so i thought i would make a start and read the opening chapter, 12 chapters later i was still reading it!Its a page turner right from the first paragraph.

There is no part of this book that fills you with unnecessary waffle or makes you feel as though it is dragging, its constant stream of excitement and surprises will full-fill every reader.
As someone who enjoys reading romance, i was not disappointed in the slightest. The romantic scenes are well written, feeding your mind enough information but then letting you imagine yourself where it leads, its not over explained, which i think is nice.

The pace is good, giving you enough time to get to know the characters, (and fall in love with Justin!), but not lingering too long, therefore not giving the reader any chance to become bored.

I read this book in little over 24 hours, considering i have a toddler i think that is pretty good. I simply couldn't put it down and i have now ordered 'Starting over' in the hope that i get the same with that book.

A definite recommendation for anyone who loves romance! And for those who don't....you will after reading this!
on 28 June 2010
The characters in this book still linger in my mind. I became so attached to them I couldn't put the book down until I knew the outcome. Sue Moorcroft has a way of making her characters so real that you are sucked into the story and live their experiences.
I found the opening paragraphs already gripped me and every single page made you want to read on. I shared all the feelings described and I loved all the ups and downs throughout the book. When I reached the end, I felt as if I'd been holding my breath as the plot developed and twisted.
S. Moorcroft makes her stories so alive that my mind keeps wandering back to them and bringing back memories of the scenes.
I can't wait to read her next novel.
on 24 March 2013
It was obvious from reading the blurb how this book would go, including who Cleo would end up with, but I decided to give it a go anyway. I wish I hadn't.
I found just about every character irritating, in particular Cleo, despite the fact that we were obviously meant to think the opposite. The only character I even slightly liked was Gav, despite the things he did (and the ridiculousness of just how obvious it was, although I was hoping that it would be a red herring). I could understand why he had the feelings he did, and thought Cleo did treat him badly.
The one positive thing I have to say about this book is that it is an easy read and I got through it in only a few days - which was good because I just couldn't wait to get it over with.
I may read more of this author's books in the future, if the plot sounds good, but I won't be in any hurry to get my hands on them.
on 4 June 2010
This book is an absolute treat and totally un-put-downable! It has the kind of heroine you empathise with and a hero you fall in love with instantly. When I read this author's previous book, Starting Over, I thought I'd found the ultimate hero, but I've changed my mind - Justin in All That Mullarkey is even better. Gorgeous, sexy as hell, untamed and with a great sense of humour, plus good with kids, what more could you possibly want? I can't recommend this book highly enough!
on 4 June 2010
After meeting Ratty in 'Starting Over', I didn't think it could get any hotter in Middledip, but I hadn't bargained on Justin who's a real scorcher! Credible Cleo's a cracker too. Sparks fly when Cleo and Justin's lives collide, but what happens after the fireworks? Put everything else on hold - as I did - and immerse yourself in this absorbing story.