Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 November 2012
Like any good photography book, you don't even need to dip into the text to tell this one is bursting with inspiration, tips and creative detours; the book is choc-full of a kaleidoscope of image ideas from start to finish.

Once you do start reading, however, you'll find the pool from which you can plunder is far more capacious than first anticipated. The author clearly knows her stuff and she includes just enough technical detail to allow you to master the shots but without over-complicating matters. It's written in a friendly, encouraging style plus it's beautifully and accessibly designed.

Highly recommended for both the enthusiastic amateur as well as the jaded pro who, like myself, may have forgotten how to have fun with image creation.
on 4 March 2013
Beautiful pictures, clear instructions, fun doable projects! Bought the book for my mother and had to reorder a copy as I could not give it away but wished to go keep it for myself! Very inspiring and not overwhelmingly techy, just what I needed!
on 20 November 2012
This book is brilliant- easy to read and in a language that I can understand, when I either want to correct things that are going wrong with my photo's or I want to try new things with my camera. Great xmas pressie!
on 7 July 2013
This book is a little gem. from all of the photography books I have bought, I can't believe I didn't discover this one earlier. Perhaps aimed at a hobbiest rather than a pro, this book will provide you with loads of ideas and creative ideas for home bokeh filters, pin hole camera etc. Bought this because I'm going to teach photography at GCSE and thought it might inspire the children.
on 26 February 2013
I've been looking for a book that has ideas for photography but without being too complicated. This has a good mixture of types of project, and I'm looking forward to attempting a few. I liked the '50 shots' and the 'A to Z' ideas among others. Whether you work through it, or select a few favourites - or even just use for inspiration, it seems like a nice book to refer to again and again.
on 7 November 2012
What an accomplishment, it's not too 'preachy' whilst still being 'teachy'.
Great visuals, guidance and not overwritten.

I have had various cameras and spent late nights and early morning shooting pictures trying to justify the money spent.
Finally i have found a book that shows me easily how to do the stuff i have been trying and failing at.

Fortunately my niece really liked it and i got her one for her birthday, unfortunately i have another 9 Nieces and Nephews.

Give me more.
on 4 January 2013
I bought this book as I thought it would be nice to try more creative techniques and this book doesn't disappoint. It tells you what you need to do each technique, a great present for a photography lover or yourself.
on 23 December 2013
This book is full of great ideas for projects to do, some seem quite time consuming though and require a lot of equipment, that said there are lots of great ideas and the results look amazing
on 29 April 2013
This is such a well written book, I feel like I am almost sat next to Sue Venables as I read...her relaxed and fun writing style exudes confidence and is truly inspirational!
on 12 January 2014
Provides very good project ideas for beginner to intermediate which really allow you to get to grips with your camera and creativity!