5.0 out of 5 stars I am now very hungry....., 22 April 2010
Mrs. H. M. West (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide (Paperback)
I was given this book for my birthday and it is a fanstastic foody delight, just reading it and looking at the lovely pics makes me hungry. I have so far managed to visit a great little local cheese maker and am planning on my bank holiday to check out a few more local culinary delights. With so many different places to go this book will keep me going for a long time. I am sure my waist will increase but it will be worth it to discover all the hidden gems in this little book of foody heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Both beautiful and useful - an excellent quirky travel guide, 7 Jun. 2010
dprs (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide (Paperback)
I gave this to a friend for a birthday present a few weeks ago and it made our weekend. It's a very high quality large format softback book. She opened the book on the west country chapter map, and we quickly found a cluster of amazing little foodie places we didn't know about (around Stourhead House). It formed the inspiration for our birthday day out. We visited the farm shop, tried some speciality cheese, had lunch at the gourmet pub, all accompanied by ideas for a tour of the local Capability Brown gardens. The combination of regional maps, practical info and delicious photos make this a very original guide, with loads of inspiration for summer days out. I also liked the insights into the various personalities behind these quirky foodie success stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for all foodies, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide (Paperback)
Normally when on holiday I use a guide book to ensure I don't miss anything. Other guide books have now gone out the window and been replaced by Taste Britain.
We used it recently whilst in the South West and the places we visited from the book made our holiday. Without the book we would never have known a lot of these places exist.
The only reason I haven't rated as 5 star is that for Scotland there doesn't seem to be the same local knowledge. I would however recommend to any food lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 8 April 2010
This review is from: Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide (Paperback)
Got my hands on a copy of this book yesterday and was immediately hooked. Being a foodie always curious to find some hidden gems and try new places I can see I am going to use this guide a lot, especially since I am likely to be holidaying in the UK a lot this year. I thought the photography was stunning and the design lovely - it felt very good value for money. What a great idea for a book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfactory, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide (Paperback)
Being a paperback, the corners were a bit bent by the time it dropped through my letterbox. But otherwise the product was in good condition.

Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide
Taste Britain: A Food Lover's Travel Guide by Rosemary Moon (Paperback - 29 Mar. 2010)