5.0 out of 5 stars Better Biking - "Pass The Bike Test"
Published on 12 Oct 2011 by Companymk

3.0 out of 5 stars Adrian
Hi,
I purchased this book before it had gone into print after reading a review in Motor Cycle News after a near very near miss caused me to reevaluated my riding. As a stop gap till this book arrived, I also purchased the police motorcycle handbook (PHH). I read the police motorcycle hand book first and then How to pass your bike test and become a good rider (HPYBT)...
Published on 2 Oct 2011 by Adrian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Biking - "Pass The Bike Test", 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
This book is by far the most useful I've seen, and should be studied by anyone who is interested in improving their riding. I've attended courses run by various organisations, passed my advanced riding test, enjoyed track based training and track days, and even attended courses run by Sean Hayes. This book is a reference manual for becoming a better biker, and I could not recommend it more highly!

5.0 out of 5 stars something i can recommend, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
This book is written by people who've been in the bike game for many years. They have vast experience of what it is to be a motorcyclist and communicate this well through the book. I've recommended it to many who are going through the conversion to 2 wheels and they find it most helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not learn to ride without it!, 11 May 2012
L. Turner "oneillsgal" (west sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
I wish I had bought this book before I sat my CBT. The guide to choosing a school would have saved me a very frightening experience with a terrible school! Fortunately I had it before booking my DAS and for the tips it has on choosing the right school to learn to ride with it was worth buying! Really easy to follow, practical advice and the section about after you have passed is brilliant. Cannot recommend this book enough!

My boyfriend and his Dad (who has been riding 30 years!) have both learnt something from this book so it is not just for beginners- but I would not have passed without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Guide for Learners and Experienced Riders, 14 Oct 2012
Ted E Bear (In the Woods England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
I bought this book a couple of months ago along with many other Learner books available. This one stood head and shoulders above the rest for many reasons. It doesn't just focus on the motorcycle test, it also gives you an insight into real world riding after the test. Very well written, funny in places and covers subjects and advice that you get from nowhere else. To a new learner it is all a dark art, what kit do do I need and what to avoid, what to concentrate on and what not to beat yourself up about if you find things difficult. Take your time, think and slow down. Vital stuff like Counter steering from the first time you ride, emergency breaking on bends (if you have left it too late) even your riding attitude is all covered. Loads of advice on choosing a training school, what should be offered on the syllabus etc. So much information on and after your test as well. The emphasis on safety, continued training and personal self development as a rider. Not just pass and forget about any more learning. Constantly aiming to increase your riding abilities. Staying alive, put a price on that.
This book is a must.
They also run fantastic Courses at Mallory Park Circuit Based Training which I can recommend as I read the book, booked the course, Passed the test last week Mod 1 + 2. Not bad as I'm Disabled and now enabled, Job Done Great Guys. Many Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb., 18 Mar 2012
Christopher Zihni (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
this book is a very easy read,and its all about what to do on the day of your mod 2 bike test and also generally how to be a better rider in the future..it gives you a better understanding of what the examiner on the day of a test is looking for and,all i can say is,that i passed my test last week and this book certainly aided me...very well put together.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st rate book, 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
Purchased this book after failing my test 1st time round and passed 2nd time with only 2 minors.

A must read!, gives you not only tips on what the examiners expect but what impresses them and more importantly what is missed out of the test and what you need to learn to be a safer rider...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great info. for learners - plenty of useful stuff, 16 Feb 2012
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
A great book with lots of really useful advice for getting through the bike test, lots of pictures and some good diagrams. Its a great book and any beginnner would find it very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
Excellent book, highly recommend. I passed second time round, with no lessons. This book will teach you everything you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
I got this book as a present for a friend who had bought a 125cc and was preparing for her CBT. It is written in an easy to read style and takes you through all aspects of passing the bike test, and more! I've been riding bikes for 40 odd years, and I found it both interesting and informative. An excellent book for new bikers, and also for the more experienced too! Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thinking of motorcycling - buy NOW!, 5 Oct 2012
This review is from: Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! (Paperback)
This book, Pass the Bike Test, has been so helpful, clear diagrams and explanations on all aspects of learning to ride were a great aide memoire when away from the training centre. Valuable before and after passing the motorcycle test. I will continue to use it and act on the sensible advice within.
Thinking of getting on a motorcycle - buy this book NOW! I'm 50, female and I passed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too!
Pass the Bike Test: and be a Great Rider Too! by Rupert Paul (Paperback - 8 Sep 2011)
11.56