1.0 out of 5 stars Fraudulent, 6 Oct 2012
I am disgusted - I came very close to ordering this book before I realised (because of "Look Inside") that it was NOT Parkinson's Law after all, but some cheap 3rd-rate imitator trying to sell their own ... well, their own what? Opinions? Musings? ... using the great (and I mean great) work by Parkinson as their cover.

Parkinson's Law is a magnificent (too short) work - full of humour, entertaining, terrifyingly accurate and still relevant. In the "Look Inside" I could see no hint of anything other than someone's rephrasing of Parkinson's findings (how closely to the spirit of the original I can't say on the basis of the extracts). In spite of its title, this is NOT Parkinson's Law. I would love to know whether the author of this article was responsible for the deception being perpetrated, or whether it is the publisher alone. There is really no excuse for this sort of attempt at fraud.

I am disappointed that I have to put a single star in the ratings, and that it doesn't let me leave it empty.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacks any real insight, 25 Oct 2011
S. R. Welsh (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C. Northcote Parkinson's Parkinson's Law: A modern-day interpretation of a true classic (Infinite Success Series) (Paperback)
The original Parkinson's Law is a classic text - elegantly written, witty, dry, sometimes so desparately funny that you have to read it out loud to the first available person prepared to listen, and at the same time perceptive and thought-provoking, especially for those in public sector management.

This 'modern day interpretation' is a series of two-page chapters containing simplistic observations but no real insight. Having stated in the early sections that the book will be of interest to all those working in organisations, it settles down to clumsy critiques of 'bureaucrats', backed by one-dimensional analyses and evidenced on several occasions by quotes from the fictional tv series 'Yes Minister'.

Oh yes, and it seems to claim Parkinson as a proto Thatcherite.

My advice - get the original classic, which really does have something to say, and leave this journalistic pot-boiler on the shelf. 'C Northcote Parkinson' must be spinning in his grave.

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading title, 12 May 2013
not the original by C, Northcote Parkinson, but some tedious rehash - the original is available in hard and soft back on amazon for less!!! [ edit - I wish I'd read the other reviews before buying, but I dived in on the title, doh!]

1.0 out of 5 stars Egregious con trick., 25 Mar 2013
Yet another rip off made to look enough like the real thing to con the unwary into paying for dross. I'm going to ditch my kindle so that I don't get caught like this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems, 17 Mar 2013
This should be made clearer. I bought this thinking it was the original and you have to look closely to see that it isn't. I would withdraw and re-label it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 3 Mar 2013
This is not the original book. It is a rather pathetic attempt at cashing in on the original. Avoid it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the original, 1 July 2013
M. White (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Waste of time - Don't buy! I will return my Kindle addition - somehow! How do you return a Kindle product?