5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) (Paperback)
When I saw that Classics Illustrated comics were being reproduced, I was very excited so I got myself onto the website to subscribe. These are magnificent issues and are of a fabulous quality that the series has never achieved before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Adventure!, 23 Feb 2009
This review is from: Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) (Paperback)
This reminds me of Errol Flynn's swashbuckling adventures! A wonderful, glossy re-issue of the Classics Illustrated series - I've already subscribed and it looks like they'll be doing many more to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 8 Feb 2009
This review is from: Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) (Paperback)
I found the section about the real mythology behind Robin Hood particularly interesting... I love this series and hope they continue to reproduce many of the other titles...

5.0 out of 5 stars The good old days come around again, 7 Feb 2009
This review is from: Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) (Paperback)
Remember Richard Greene on TV? I do. This wonderful book took me straight back to my childhood. The big surprise for me was that MY child loved it too. So much so that I'm getting more - anything that encourages reading eh? Which is I guess why these Classics Illustrated were published in the first place. This time around they are more like books than comics, gloss pages and proper book binding. But the pages are the same as the originals. Great stuff, retro, but cool enough for todays kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Robin Hood" is great, a classic!, 11 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I am 6 years old in first grade and I love this book! I like the characters best. It's great. The words were not hard for me. I've got 20,000 Leagues under the sea, the last of the Mohicans, Robin Hood, and Kidnapped, and Robin Hood is one of the best of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought I'd see this again!, 9 Oct 2010
Andarius (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) (Paperback)
Picked up this magazine when I was 9 at a fete in Racketts at Hythe nr. Southampton, England for sixpence - that's 6d., not the decimal rubbish!

Loved it, lost it when I was 14 and we moved to Southampton (someone's gotta live there, I suppose) and blow me down and pick me up if I didn't notice WH Smith were selling Classics Illustrated and Robin Hood was a back number!

Beautifully recreated, glossy and colorful - not sixpence anymore, but worth the few dollars more! :-D

Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated)
Robin Hood (Classics Illustrated) by Howard Pyle (Paperback - 25 Oct 2008)
3.99