5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Read
Published on 14 Sept. 2010 by Vix

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed but it was not long enough.
This is a good quick read. An afternoon at most.
Published on 11 July 2011 by Rocky Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Read, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Waiting for Carver Boyd (Hardcover)
Even though this is a short book, it is Hauser's style that makes it impossible to put down; not the number of pages. The story and characters are both likable and engaging and Hauser writes about boxing and the lifestyle it creates as only a man who knows and loves the sport can. An enjoyable read that though I wish had been longer, was in fact perfectly suited to being as short as it was. A must read for boxing fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting short story, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Waiting for Carver Boyd (Hardcover)
I loved this book. Superbly written, and emotive. One reviewer seems to think it is a biography, it is fiction. Great fiction at that. Manages to get inside the subject very quickly, making you really empathise with the narrator. Great stuf.

2.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed but it was not long enough., 11 July 2011
This review is from: Waiting for Carver Boyd (Hardcover)
This is a good quick read. An afternoon at most.
I'm a massive boxing fan and couldn't find many fictional boxing books out there. I saw this, read the reviews and gave it a go. There was some good insights into the world of boxing but it simply was not long enough. I paid under £3 so I won't be too harsh but had I paid the cover price of £12.99, I would have been heart broken.
There were some great reviews from the world of boxing which is what attracted me to the book. I would imagine they all know the author well and were being a bit over the top to their friend.
Regards
Graham Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 6 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Waiting for Carver Boyd (Hardcover)
brilliant book, easy to read, read it in a day moving and emaotional, if you like your boxing read this novel or anything by thomas hauser he certainly knows the game......

3.0 out of 5 stars waiting for carver boyd, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Waiting for Carver Boyd (Hardcover)
I was a bit disappointed with the book. I have read many biographies on boxing champions and although it was well presented I felt that I had heard it all before.

Waiting for Carver Boyd
Waiting for Carver Boyd by Thomas Hauser (Hardcover - 25 Jun. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01