5.0 out of 5 stars i love dr pams new book!
Published on 30 April 2010 by bookworm22

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Human
This arrived very quickly and in good condition. To be honest I have only read a little of this book. Good intentions and all that. So cannot really comment on its effectiveness if you were to follow its principles and ideas. But the little I did read was quite enlightening and though provoking.
Published 20 months ago by Janet Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars i love dr pams new book!, 30 April 2010
This review is from: How to be a Happy Human: 10 Essential Principles to Change Your Life (Paperback)
I've always been a big fan of Dr Pam's and was keen to see what her new book was about since it's so different from her sex and dating books. All I can say is this is a fantastic book with so many techniques I've already put into practice to increase my happiness. I found myself putting my hands up to it when she talks about the "blame game" as I often blame other people from my unhappiness. But she gave so many helpful tips, techniques and strategies in pointing out how you can take responsibility for becoming happier, stop blaming others, and increase your confidence. Also when she talks about as humans are creatures of habit I couldn't believe how she could have written that Principle as she calls them about me. I'm so locked into my habits and need to break free of some of them because not all of them are happy habits like Pam suggests you build into your life. I'd recommend this to anyone who feels quite sorted in their life or who has a lot of unhappiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very Happy reader, 31 Mar 2010
I first heard about this book after a recent TV appearance by Dr Pam to promote it. I liked the sound of it but wasn't sure if I would like it enough to actually sit and read it! I'm SO glad I decided to take a chance on it because once I started reading it, I simply couldn't put it down! I was amazed at how much of it I identified with. There are various exercises you have to do as you read the book. Initially, I was not going to bother doing them but I decided to give them a go and it was worthwhile because I found out more about myself as a result. This book is written in an easy to understand style. It's also a very thought provoking book and does inspire you to make changes in your life in order to become a happier person. Dr Pam tells us in the book not to skip over any chapters and this is good advice. There is an 'ultimate question' at the very end of the book. I will not spoil it for anyone who wants to read the book from the start. All I will say is that I was not expecting it and it's an appropriate way to end the journey you go on when you read this book. I highly recommend this book and thanks to Dr Pam for writing such a brilliant and inspiring book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Human, 2 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar 2012
I'm a big fan of Dr Pam's but have only read her books on sex before. This was also very helpful and full of good advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 July 2010
I loved this book! Its the first of its kind that have read and are now more interested in reading more books of its kind. Thank you Dr Pam!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy!, 27 July 2010
This book has been a real help in understanding my moods and how to turn them around into positive thoughts. It really highlights how we can sometimes be our own worse enemy. Thanks Dr Pam for sharing your knowledge and wisdom. You should have your own tv show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice from Dr Pam, 27 July 2010
I've found Pam's book exceedingly helpful. I've struggled with various issues over my life the thoughtful way she lays out her principles of happiness makes complete sense to me. One of my main problems is focusing on my past her first chapter helped me put this into context. I need to stop looking at the past and being a slave to some of the bad things I've experienced. I highly recommend this guide because of the huge number of tips and techniques she suggests for daily life. unbelievably helpful!

1.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 27 July 2010
I didn't get far with this book. Having being thoroughly inspired by 'Rough Guide To Happiness' this is everything it isn't-i.e. a one size fits all approach. My stomach churned at the authors anecdotals and referring to herself as 'Dr Pam'.I did try to persevere, but found it was impinging on my happiness, which after the Rough Guide is positively bounding
The Rough Guide to Happiness: Practical steps for all-round well-being( Rough Guide Reference)

How to be a Happy Human: 10 Essential Principles to Change Your Life