on 31 March 2014
There is a wealth of broad ranging knowledge in this comprehensive book. The author utilizes confident storytelling which is underpinned by obvious academic rigour to explore many subjects that relate to women and the safe practice of yoga. The book however is not timid and invites the wild yogini to embrace her power offering practical and intelligent ways to do so. I often felt a sense of homecoming as I reflected on my own practice and the ways that we sometimes go against our own feminine wisdom in pursuit of more male oriented goals. There is enough in this book to keep a beginner occupied for years and for teachers there is much to explore and question.
on 25 April 2014
I cannot recommend this book enough. As a yoga therapist with 750+ teacher training in India, I had begun to struggle with my practice in recent years. I found my intuition guiding me away from the ‘traditional’ teachings under which I have trained. Uma, the beautiful powerful Uma, explained why. The book is extensively researched – 700 pages long and is the missing piece in the yoga jigsaw. I literally wept whilst reading the first few pages because I felt it as a deep and forgotten truth, it was a homecoming for my practice. buy it direct yonishakti.co i am now finding my self in the deep feminine (and often forgotten) offerings of yoga... Yoni Shakti Rocks!
on 24 October 2014
This book is brilliant, I am a yoga teacher so use so much of this in my classes. I have recently done a workshop with this lady and she is amazing and this comes through in her book. Have other books she has written and they are also wonderful, well written and touches the heart.
on 9 July 2014
This is a treasure, an invaluable book. I haven't read it all yet, but as soon as you flick through the pages, you realize how precious it is. Derived from extensive study and research as well as many years of personal experience, it is, above all, authentic.
Yoga is certainly a very ancient practice, but it is also still very much alive and continuously evolving, as this book shows.
There are references to ancient goddess, as well as to our contemporary life as women in all stages of our life.
Also included in the book are some amazing yoga nidra practices, of which Uma Dinsmore Tuli is a master teacher.

Please go to http://www.yonishakti.co/ to get an idea of the content or visit http://www.wombyoga.org/
on 7 October 2014
Refreshing book dealing with yoga for all stages of a woman's life. It is good to see the life stages which all women live through taken seriously and addressed by a yoga writer. This should be in every yoga teacher's library! There are lots of 'pregnancy yoga' books but titles which deal with menopause, infertility, the recovery period after birth or miscarriage, and yoga practice during menstruation are thin on the ground or the topics are simply not dealt with. Thank you for this major contribution.
on 8 April 2014
I bought this on Saturday and cant believe how powerful it is. A yoga book written for me - a feminist yogini. The opening chapters are interesting and I've started to work with the practices. I think it will take years to become comfortable with them all but I'm really looking forward to getting there. This should be on every woman's bookshelf as well as every serious yoga student's or teacher's.
on 16 March 2014
The best book on yoga on my shelf.
If not the best book on my shelf!
From the picture on Amazon I thought it was small but its huge and packed with such beautiful designs !
on 3 June 2014
I have been lucky enough to train with Uma, and was very excited to read this book. I have not been disappointed. Yoni Shakti is very well researched and beautifully written with lots of practical ways (with detailed instructions and illustrations) to unleash and celebrate your feminine power.

I have been searching for this book ever since my yoga journey began, and I am very grateful to Uma for sharing her extensive knowledge and experience. If you love yoga, you must read this book. Yoni Shakti is a masterpiece!
on 8 March 2016
Brilliant content. Very badly let down by the publishers. The first edition is badly printed, the cover started peeling soon after purchase and the binding is not secure so pages fall out.
The book is excellent. Just don't get the first edition. I do not know what the second edition is like as my complaint to the publishers has gone unacknowledged. Given the cost of the book I would expect much better.
Pity.

UPDATE: I have now received a new copy from the publishers. The print and binding quality are much better which is essential for a book that I can't put down. I have kept the original star review so people can see what my concerns were.
review image review image
on 18 July 2014
This is an epic of a yoga book. As a feminist and a teacher of yoga, I have always sought out the teachings and writings that nurture these aspects and are wholly respectful of both and am so very pleased that Yoni Shakti ticks all the boxes and more for me. Much of what is written has reinforced previously held knowledge, but so refreshing to see it come together all in one place. There's something for everyone really, and I am hard-pushed to pick out anything in particular. If your path is that of the Divine Feminine, then this is your go-to in yoga books. Also good to see it in black and white long-held views of mine that up until now, I had been fearful of voicing due to the perception of 'disloyalty' to yoga or the tradition. It is wonderful to be able to free the voice around these [often grey] areas. Would be wonderful to see this on all teacher training recommended reading lists, especially if we are to re-balance the approach of teaching and to empower future teachers.