OK, its compendium time, within this offering are the two books: Hell to Pay and The Unnatural Enquirer. As a fan of Simon's Deathwalker and now his Secret Histories novels, I've gone back and started to enjoy his Nightside series that are now being published in the UK by Solaris. This is the fourth book by them in this format so its been an enjoyable ride but for established fans of the series it might come as a bit of a shock to see a title out there with no relation to any that have gone before until that is they begin reading and discover the two books within.

As usual with Simon's writing, its pretty fast paced, the twists and turns within are worthy of the film noir genre and its not without great homage to the gumshoes of the past that Simon tips his hat. I love this series and it's a series that continues to grow from me from novel to novel. His writing is some of the best in the genre and it's a sheer delight to pick up the next book in each. Add to this the fact that it's a twofer and you've got a real bargain.
on 13 July 2010
I was wondering how Simon R Green was going to follow the angel war, and he has managed it with style. Back to the vivid episodic storytelling of the first books, with a hint of something wicked lurking in the background. Mean, moody and delightfully cynical, I really enjoyed this book!
on 22 August 2013
Another innthis excellent series. I still can't believe I missed them when they came out, but have now bought all of them.
on 14 February 2010
Please note that the rating given is not mine but one forced upon me by Amazon. I would rate this publication as a Zero.

Yet again, Amazon have either shown remarkable incompetence or actively sought to deceive their customers by failing adequately to describe a book when 'pre-offering' it. This particular book is another of those hidden omnibus editions of books already published under other names. As a way for Amazon to maximise their profits, such publications are obviously attractive...especially when Amazon fail to make clear the nature of the book itself. DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK unless you kinow you have not read its content elsewhere. If you can, find a reputable bookstore and shop there instead.

As a long-standing Amazon customer, I am very concerned at their increasing disinterest in operating ethically. Selling books such as this in the way they do may help their bottom line but does nothing for their reputation.....such as it now is. I shall be surprised to see this review posted; but even this apparent honesty might be no more than a cynical sign of a 'who cares' attitude.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2010
I have to agree with the previous review i got my book today i thought i was getting something new by Simon R Green opened the package this came out.Had to check what i ordered in my account to see if i had ordered this.DO NOT BUY if you have read other books in the Series.This is nothing against Simon R Green whose work i love and egarly await each new novel as it comes out.Just Another Judgement Day (Nightside)
on 26 February 2010
send it back to amazon as unexceptable and get your monies back.
my pension does not allow for " repeat prints" that I already have
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse