Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 December 2011
I was a little disappointed with this book.

It isn't a bad book, but I am not sure the book fits the title.

I'd say this is a decent GENERAL book on photopgraphy, with a bit of a bias towards black and white photography.

I am not an expert photographer, but have read a few books on photography, and was looking for something very specifically on black and white photography, and, in particular, on methods for converting digital photos to black and white - to get the best effects.

The majority of the book covered general photography - it did this reasonably well but wasn't really what I was looking for.
on 12 October 2011
A good wee hand book, contains many pages dedicated to what it says on the cover. I'm forcing myself to get out there and do stuff with my overly heavy Canon. Mostly I'm struggling under the weight of the damn thing and am now inclined to use my HTC Wildfire phone to shoot digital pics, with surprisingly good results ('good' is relative I hear you say, but you've got to establish a baseline somewhere!). So, the book is one of many, all covering much the same stuff. Frankly I'm fed up with Lightroom, Photoshop, Aperture and all the other plethora of plug-ins, add-ons, software innovations etc. I am going to set-up a darkroom (again) and return to film and chemicals and paper and 'One elephant, two elephant', anyone feel the same?Digital Black & White Photography (Expanded Guide: Techniques)