Format: Hardcover|Change

on 2 January 2013
This is a lovely book. It is well written, well organised and well photographed. Phillip Howard runs a great top end restaurant which by its nature shows great attention to detail. And so does the book.
on 14 February 2013
I have shelves full of cook books, none of which inspire me the way this has. A beautifully crafted, well thought out, detailed cook book; authored by one of the best Chef's in the world.

Put your hairy bikers books down, it's time to learn how to really cook.
on 14 January 2013
Sizeable book, genuine new recipes to try and up our game. I love my baking books but struggle to find anything other than the traditional old school cookery books with any type of advanced cooking, we love our food so I think this will help add to the repertoire
on 29 March 2013
This book has some amazing restaurant recipes. There are a lot of veloutés and foams, so unless you're prepared to buy a foam gun you'll be limited with what you can copy. I have bought one - cream suppliers.co.uk am looking forward to amazing friends/family when I've mastered using it. Have ordered the Sweet book due for release in June so guess I'm impressed with this book. Love Phil Howard, so he can do little wrong in my eyes.
on 28 April 2013
Having had the pleasure of experiencing the tasting menu a couple of years ago, I think this book is testament to the fantastic standards of this top class London restaurant.

Be warned that many of the recipes do require much preparation in advance - for example parts of the dish may have to be made the day before due to the complexity of the dishes.
on 6 September 2013
I am a keen cook and an avid collector of cook books. This is the distilled wisdom of a wonderful chef. The recipes are extraordinary even if they are not easy for the home chef without a zillion slaves. But inspirational.
on 20 May 2015
Bought as a gift for husband. He loves it. Beautiful book.
on 8 October 2012
This book features painfully beautiful plates of food. I particularly like the synopsis for each recipe with tips and info. Most of the recipes are not for the faint hearted but if you are looking to create fine dining(Michelin star) food at home and have the time, skills and passion then this book is a must!
on 4 March 2013
The book has some fantastic menus, illustrations and very helpful recipes. However, the book arrived slightly damaged, but as this was a present and had been kept in its packaging for some time before it was opened, disappointingly it was too late to try and return it for a replacement. I'm sure we'll have good use out of it though.
on 30 January 2013
Having seen Philip Howard on Saturday morning kitchen, this book was a must and proved to he all that Icexpected and more. Looking forward to purchadind volume 2 Desserts