5.0 out of 5 stars Fun resource!
Published on 12 Mar. 2010 by L. Seelos

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
I bought this hoping it would give me some ideas to help my son who has a language delay. But the activities are useless for just one child and most would be boring for anyone, even in a group. I'm not sure I would even describe most of the activities as games. Not worth the money.
Published on 9 April 2013 by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun resource!, 12 Mar. 2010
L. Seelos "seelos1" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 50 Best Games for Speech & Language Development (50 Best Group Games) (Paperback)
I like this handy little book to dip in and out of for quick and easy game ideas. All children I have used the games with have thought them to be great fun, which has often distracted them from the fact that they were actually working quite hard to, for example, practise a particular speech sound. I would whole-heartedly recommend this book to parents, nursery and reception/KS1 teachers who are working with children with speech and language difficulties as well as, of course, speech and language therapists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful indeed, 5 Mar. 2010
I have been using this book for quite a while and contrary to Jasmine's experience, I find it really helpful when working with younger children. Yes, there are only one or two exercises for specific things, but this is entirely due to space constraints. After all it is only a book of 50 activities - the clue is in the title - and so not everything can be covered. As a quick reference guide it serves my needs, and I also adapt its games as a starting-point for other ideas. There are other books in the series which overlap speech and language therapy, particularly the self-esteem book, and I recommend these as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book of quick and easy activities, 21 Jun. 2014
This is a really handy book, I especially like the section on Practising Problem Sounds which has been really helpful for my non-verbal autistic son. Stacks of ideas that I come back to time and time again. I've recommended this to other parents and to my son's school.

5.0 out of 5 stars books, 15 Mar. 2012
Louise A. Bailey "lou" (shepton mallet england) - See all my reviews
Im just learning abit more about speech and language to go with my job this book has lots of easy accessible games to do in and out of school

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED IT THIS WAS ROCK N ROLL, 13 Mar. 2014
J. Howell (Norfolk - UK) - See all my reviews
I LOVE ROCK N ROLL - LOVE A GREAT BARGAIN - LOVE AMAZON - LOVE A GOOD DEAL - VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER - GOD BLESS

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 9 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2014
Good

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not really find this very useful, 4 April 2012
M. Phillips - See all my reviews
Sorry I just would not recommend this book as useful. Some of the games are boring and some seem more designed for linguists rather than ordinary parents.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too little information for such an important title. totally ..., 21 Aug. 2014
Too little information for such an important title . totally dissatisfied.I want to return it, but I can't figure out how. ..

The 50 Best Games for Speech & Language Development (50 Best Group Games)