5.0 out of 5 stars bags and more bags
Published on 29 Mar 2010 by Elizabeth A. Ireland

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok
what can I say abou this book... lets see, well almost every bag is made from recycled material that has to be felted, that made me step back a little bit, second there are no patterns whatsoever only some drawings, the explanations and how to description once again its ok but if you never sewed before, it will leave you thinking... ok; but how exactly can I do this... I...
Published on 9 Jun 2011 by lili

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars bags and more bags, 29 Mar 2010
Elizabeth A. Ireland (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
This book was certainily up to my expectations. The instructions are very clear and easy to understand. There is such a choice of bags. I would like to make them all! I bought one for my daughter. She was so pleased with it she immediately set to one morning and made a bag for my granddaughter for her birthday. I have had a couple of requests, and I can't wait to start.

I would highly recommend this book. It is such good value too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Handmade Bag, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
This book uses recycled fabrics such as old curtains and clothes etc, but I have actually used it for making bags with new fabrics - I actually purchased the book for the great designs. There are sections for all types of bags, evening, childrens, shoppers and everyday - I have made quite a lot of them now. There are patterns in the back of the book and the instructions are so easy to follow, you can use them time and time again. I love this book - if you love making bags this would certainly be an asset to any book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 14 Nov 2009
J. Denholm "Moany" (Sunny Gosport) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
I borrowed this book from the library and was so pleased with ALL the designs I decided to buy the book for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, 7 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
I recently loaned this book from the library, one of a selection of three. This was the best book out of the three with easy to read instructions. Following the loan from the library I ordered it from Amazon. I have already made five different bags from the book and have another two patterns cut and ready to go! The only problem is that there are not enough hours in the day to have a go at everything. I did sewing at school (over 25 years ago) and have recently started using my machine again. The patterns are easy to understand and the finished product is very professional - the tab/label idea is very effective and really finishes of your bag. I've bought loads of extra material so I can do plenty more sewing - perhaps everyone will receive a bag for Christmas this year! I would recommend this book to the novice and more experienced sewer. It is an excellent purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars handbags my passion, 10 May 2010
J. Quigley (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
a super book to give you lots of ideas ,if you are a very keen crafter like me and don,t really follow the pattern to the letter but like to pick up good ideas to use this is the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect handmade bag, 8 May 2011
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
Before I buy any book I always read the information on the covers and about the author before reading any customer reviews. I bought this book because it has step by step instructions on all of the projects. I felt it necessary to have those step by step instructions because not having done any proper sewing for a number of years I was able to see where I was going wrong. The book was good value for money in my opinion. Buy it and more importantly have fun sewing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
I purchased this book following a comment on a blog I had seen, taking a risk on not seeing a copy before hand. Well, it is really good book, you won't throw away a zip or button ever again and when you go into a charity shop you will look at them in a new light. This book has something for all sewing levels and ages. As you read it you will immediately think of who would like what as a present, never mind what you want to make for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 27 Jan 2011
D. Neale "Diane" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
Fantastic book, just what I was looking for. I would recommend it if you were looking for ways to make bags out of differing types of fabric. Easy to follow and inpirational

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
This is a slim book, but it contains a variety of styles of bag. It is clearly written and the patterns are easy to use. The styles are modern and stylish and there are lots of ideas for adapting the patterns to produce individual handmade bags.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bags, 14 Dec 2010
C. J. White (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Handmade Bag (Paperback)
I've made 3 of these bags so far - they work out well and are very attractive designs. I've had a bit of trouble with the diagrams though - those in the text can be less then fully clear. This may be me, but thereagain, I'm probably like a lot of people! But all in all a good buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Perfect Handmade Bag
The Perfect Handmade Bag by Clare Youngs (Paperback - 10 Sep 2009)