4.0 out of 5 stars great buy for girls
I bought this book off a shelf at a store so knew it was primarily girls clothes, suits me fine. I liked a lot of the items and from reading through, the patterns seem fairly straightforward to make (I am a relative beginner). There are a few patterns for boys, not many but I will make the PJs, dressing gown and possible the shorts for my son. Some gorgeous skirts, pants...
Published on 28 Sep 2009 by rosiecotton

3.0 out of 5 stars Great But......
I haven't tried any patterns becuase I only got the book yesterday-but like the other reviewers I agree it is very biased towards girls. There are only a couple of boys items, and the boys shirt is not particularly trendy!
The book says clothes from 0-5 years but the majority of the patterns are for 2-5 yrs with a couple of items for babies, for example the very cute...
Published on 30 Sep 2009 by Mrs. Nicola K. Bane

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Making Children's Clothes (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to hopefully fill the need I have of having a children`s clothes making book near at hand. I feel so let down, the patterns are old fashioned. the clothes in the photographs are to big for the models, look round the armholes necks, all I want is a book with good patterns, for both sexes for children, toddlers and babies ( not just bibs and soft shoes ). like the little dresses you would find at asda Tesco etc. I have a large stash of fabric and I really want to use it on making my grand children clothes. modern ones without having to use/buy individual patterns. over 5.00 now a pattern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patterns and styles I want to sew, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: Making Children's Clothes (Kitchen & Home)
This is a wonderful book. Looking through there are a lot of patterns that I'd like to use and I have sewn the hat and tiered skirt and am very happy with how they've turned out and the well written and illustrated instructions. My oldest son loves the look of the pants so they are on the to do list come autumn. I have seen it written in a few blogs that this book is the one where they have made more garments from it than any other sewing book they own and I'd agree. Good variety of girls and boys clothes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Making Children's Clothes (Kitchen & Home)
I received this book yesterday, after waiting three weeks for it to be delivered, and I'm very disappointed. The age range is very limited (my grandaughter is 17 months) and the designs are very basic indeed. I expected something a little more professional and exciting.
I will, however try some of the patterns and also the ideas for trimming garments to give them an individual look. Perhaps my initial reaction will be proved wrong.

Making Children's Clothes
Making Children's Clothes by Emma Hardy (Kitchen & Home - 10 Sep 2009)
9.09