Format: Kitchen & Home|Change

on 26 February 2010
I love this book and its compelling photographs. I completed the Toddler's dress in an evening and went straight on to the Capri pants- needed a little more thought with this and I found it easier to stitch one end of elastic at the waist stitch the channel, thread through elastic and stitch in place, rather than make a channel over the elastic as instructed. The only real problem I have with this book, is that before I've finished one item I can't wait to get going on another. I think I'll try the gorgeous pyjamas next..or maybe the party dress, but then how cute is that pinafore dress?!
on 30 March 2014
Book looked great- however I made the peasant style top and it turned out too short! Hasn't inspired me to make anything else from the book to be honest. If you want to sew children's clothes I suggest buying a sewing pattern. At least you knew the patterns will turn out right! I really wouldn't waste your money on this book.
on 24 May 2013
I have already made two or three projects from this book and, invariably, I get the same feeling: the patterns don't work and I have to adjust them or even look for alternatives on the Internet. It gives you great ideas to do your own projects though, but I get it can be very frustating to the mothers of baby boys.
on 27 June 2015
This book is so easy to use. Full size patterns included, so no need to photocopy and enlarge them. This book was recommended to me and I have already recommended it to others. I have made the dress on the front cover, a gipsy skirt and I am just about to start on my 3rd project from this book. Love it!
on 10 June 2013
I love this book for the simple styles that are quick and easy to make and the value for money for the number of patterns in the book. My daughter is 2 and this book is perfect as most patterns are for girls in sizes 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5 meaning I will get plenty of use out of the patterns!
on 23 January 2010
I love this book. The clothes are simple (which I need) and look lovely on. I did needlework o-level (that ages me I know!), so I do have some basic knowledge and my own sewing machine, but I think a beginner would find the instructions easy to follow. I have made a few of the items for my daughters aged 2 and 6. The youngest is not that bothered, but my 6 year old loves it when I make her clothes.
Go on, give it a go!
on 30 March 2010
Bought this book a couple of months ago with the intention of making summer clothes for my 2 daughters. I've used the basic trouser pattern a couple of times now for costumes and seems simple enough. Some of the other patterns look easy too so can't wait to try them out once I find some suitable fabric.
Lovely pictures too - though be warned if you used the same fabric as that in the book the outfits could work out to be quite expensive!
on 9 August 2010
This is a great book for someone who has a little skill but needs a step by step guide, it fills in the bits that are generally assumed on a commercial pattern. I have made the baby bloomers and they turned out really well but the sizes seem a little roomy so I would aim for a size down on these at least. It would also be advisable to get some pattern paper to trace the patterns on to. The projects in this book are really lovely, one or two slightly old fashioned but generally fab, the baby hat is gorgeous and the girls skirts are really pretty. I'm really looking forward to making more!
on 12 August 2013
I am working my way through this book.The items are cute and i have finished a couple of the garments. Unfortunately the pattern is not accurate so be careful when cutting out fabric. This would probably be obvious to a professional but as a beginner i really had to think to work some of it out. I guess the price reflects this though as it s not expensive and some of the items are east to make. Even though i found a few problems with it i would buy the book again :)
on 13 January 2010
I love this book!
I haven't tried any of its patters but there are many good projects that go from simple babby booties or a double side hat to a more complicated kimono-style pajamas.