4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value
I call this good value as there are 50 patterns in this book. As usual it contains a mix of patterns that I will use and patterns that I won't but at least with 50 designs I have more to choose from and more to like.
It has some attractive baby and children designs which are very useable and some toys which although attractive are not my thing to crochet.
It has...
Published on 17 May 2010 by The Urban Gypsy

3.0 out of 5 stars dents in coffee table
Published on 14 Aug 2011 by cunnynge woman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Crochet in No Time: 50 Scarves, Wraps, Jumpers and More to Make on the Move (In No Time) (Paperback)
It has quite a few hats and scarves to choose from. There are a few ladies jackets which are very useable including an aran type jacket. Most of the ladies garments are practical, wearable designs with the exception perhaps of the granny square sweater which may be retro but just not my thing.
There are quite a few accesories which again are not my thing but I can see that they will appeal to others. Belts,earings and necklaces etc.
I do like the lacy gloves and the granny square fingerless gloves and there are 3 or 4 hats in the book that I like
Not perhaps the book for a younger trendy crocheter but for anyone who likes standard type crochet then this is a book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gorgeous!!!, 7 Oct 2009
N. Petersen "Kizuta85" (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I actually just bought the book as I was browsing Amazon for crochet books I could add to my tiny library. I bought another one of her books before for hats, scarfs and bag and loved it very much. The real reason for the purchase was that I just loved the blue lace top on the cover of this book. So I was very, very, VERY excited when I received it.
And ... oh my God! This book is contains just gorgeous items. There different sections in the book, so you can do things like clothing for women and children but also different bags and a beautiful cream blanket for your bed is also included. I did not get a chance to do anything so far but I am just looking forward to either making the blue or red top or the black lace bag with the red linen. I can only recommend this book especially for this price. 5 Stars, 6 if it was possible to give them.
Some items might not be beginner friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2009
I was delighted with this book which contained lots of good and easily understood patterns. I have already made the scarf as a Christmas present and intend to make more items.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 5 Nov 2007
On the whole I have to say that this book is well presented, clear to read and understand. There are some good designs which I believe can be tackled by a novice too. My disappointment is that although it states "50 modern scarves, wraps, tops and more", it does not enlarge the fact there are 47 pages of childrens clothes, and 13 pages for the home and that the picture of a ladies top is not the front cover of the book - it is actually a childs sweater.

3.0 out of 5 stars dents in coffee table, 14 Aug 2011
I bought this book and was quite pleased with the range of patterns. Some rather dated cardigans but hey in 20 years I might wear them. BUT my coffee table has new dents due to the paucity of explanations and confusing directions. Am now at screaming point with the second pattern I've done and have abandoned the pattern and am going it alone. Sizing is pants, instructions dubious, fashion taste variable.:(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 Oct 2011
This book has a great selection of patterns. With clear pictures and easy to follow instructions. I would recomend it to everyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit disappointed, 26 May 2011
I find the look inside facility very useful, but in this instance insufficient info was allowed on what was being shown. The jacket which I bought the book to make, is for a child, not an adult. On the whole I am glad that we had money off, otherwise I would have returned it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book to everyone!, 28 April 2010
J. Velykorodnyy "Crochet-Crazed!" (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been an avid crocheter for years, and more people I meet are interested in starting! I always recommend this book. It has clear instructions, and a very wide range of wearable patterns that don't take forever to make. I've made about half the projects in the book, and I'm constantly getting requests for more!
Love it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but..., 31 Jan 2012
I received this book as a present at Christmas. Some of the projects looked nice and I was quite excited to get started. I am a novice to crochet but decided to attempt the fingerless Granny Square gloves. I was quite pleased they came out OK. The instructions were a bit vague in places and needed some interpretation. A bit confusing when you are new to it all. To form the finger holes the instructions simply said to mark between your fingers and sew the front and back together!! It made it a bit tight so I left that part out. More detail would have been helpful.

My second attempt from this book was the Granny Square hat to match the gloves. This has not come out so well. I admit that I am new to this and could have made mistakes but I did follow the pattern as closely as I could. The band made up of granny squares fits fine but the section that creates the point is too small. It looks ridiculous when put on. I thought it might be ok for someone with a smaller head but it still looks silly on my 3 year old!! I am so disappointed. I checked my tension and it was fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. It has made me reluctant to try any of the other patterns in the book especially as they could be expensive failures!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Crocheter, 18 Mar 2011
Patricia Morris (England) - See all my reviews
Some good patterns are included in this book. I have another book by the same author, so am used to her style of pattern writing.
Diagrams, drawn to scale showing the measurements of the finished pieces of the garments would be very useful, but the omission doesn't, in my opinion detract significantly from the book.

I think that the title is slightly misleading - some of the designs take quite a long time! However, it must be difficult to come up with a title that is different from many others on crochet and 'grab one's attention.'

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›