on 20 December 2009
A great little book.

I've been doing IT Strategy for a few years now and its a very "big" subject - and the books that I use for reference are similarly large (my "bible" is a 12-volume set!).

This little book gives a lot of common-sense advice which can be followed and used day-to-day, & is compatible with the "Big" IT Strategy methodologies in the way it breaks down the problem. I found the introduction of "knowledge management" as the top of the strategy pyramid an idea I hadn't come across - but which I've now started using.

Best of all it fits in a pocket and can be read in installments on the train :-)
on 27 May 2009
This is a well written book which is straight to the point. The book is easy to ready and easy to carry as it small. The book covers everything you need of creating your IT Strategy and after reading the book you will find it very easy as you are shown where to start and finish.
on 12 March 2010
Not bad and probably worth a read anyway. It won't give you all the answers, and the 4 segments that it suggests for the Strategy content are not aligned with any Strategies I've even seen before. It covers both the American and UK perspectives though, so maybe its trying to be all things to all men? Decent value for money.
on 24 October 2010
This book struggles to give any specific insight into the why and how of IT strategy. Yes, it's important to have an IT strategy, and yes, it should be tuned to the business strategy. And be created in a few steps. That's the summary of the book, and there's not much more to it. Disappointing.
on 27 December 2009
I am really impressed by this book! It discusses the process of creating a IT strategy in an easy to read and non-technical manner, making sure it is aligned with the goals of the organisation. The book has lots of practical advice and examples as well as templates.