Manzanilla
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£14.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 13 October 2011
I looked forward to reading this book because a Sherry book written in the English language is not common, I love sherry, including manzanilla, and I spent a week in Sanlucar earlier this year. The book is not large, being in A5 format, approx 145p, large font and wide margins. For a history of manzanilla, the bodegas and their owners the book does well. There it stops unfortunately. The book lacks any graphics whatsoever. A map showing the locations of vineyards mentioned in the book would be helpful, as would a few photos of Sanlucar, and inside several of the bodegas. Little mention is made as to how manzanilla is made - for example details on blending as the wine is moved from one criadera to another and from the solera to the bottle, the layout of the criadera (eg Barbadillo's criadera occupies a number of buildings throughout the town and I understand some of the wine may be tankered from one criadera level to another) etc. So, I enjoyed what I read but the book could have been so more informative - especially given the lack of English literature on the subject at the moment.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again