5.0 out of 5 stars Fab
Published on 29 May 2008 by D. H. Ross

3.0 out of 5 stars Delightful
Only one recipe for pigs trotters?

mmm I would have liked a bit more in depth recipes
Published on 29 July 2011 by R. Kapur

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 29 May 2008
I received this as a present and I flicked through it and chose the flemish style rabbit and after cooking it, I was hooked, It`s been a while since my tastebuds have been woken up by a meal but this one certainly did it. If you`re like me and a carnivore at heart then get this book, but don`t just get it, USE IT !!! you won`t be disappointed, while I was at it, you may also want to take a look at "nose to tail eating by Fergus Henderson "

Just as good in my humble opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars informative and delicious, 23 Aug 2009
This review is from: Cooking on the Bone: Recipes, History and Lore (Paperback)
Jennifer McLagan's book of bones attracted rightful acclaim for its presentation of recipes, knowledge and tips about cooking and eating meat on the bone, eating marrow from the bone, and using disfavoured cuts of meat to produce delicious dishes. It's not all pig's feet and oxtail: fish and game are discussed alongside the usual suspects. Each section gives refreshingly clear, concise descriptions of where cuts of meat come from on each animal's carcass and how best to cook them, tips about buying good meat, and a number of tasty recipes. Despite a few oddities or omissions, Cooking on the Bone is a book which achieves its goals very well for the most part, with attractive recipes and a wealth of information about getting the most flavour out of a range of meats and cuts (and encouragement to use them!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook book, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Cooking on the Bone: Recipes, History and Lore (Paperback)
Good for all those who haven't been bought up with dead animals presented - i.e. pigs, lambs, cows, birds, etc. Everything is edible!

3.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 29 July 2011
R. Kapur (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking on the Bone: Recipes, History and Lore (Paperback)
Only one recipe for pigs trotters?

mmm I would have liked a bit more in depth recipes

Cooking on the Bone: Recipes, History and Lore
Cooking on the Bone: Recipes, History and Lore by Jennifer McLagan (Paperback - 29 Aug 2008)
14.99