This is a good basic introduction to Lebanese cooking. I don't understand some of the adverse comments. All the recipes I have tried have worked well. I would agree that it is not the definitive book on the subject but it does not deserve to be condemned so harshly. The main problem that could arise is the sourcing of ingredients (I live in the country, far from any Middle Eastern delis) but I have been able to source everything I have needed on the Internet.
It has excited my curiosity made me want to research Middle Eastern cookery more thoroughly. What more could you ask of a book?
on 6 May 2011
I purchased this book having read all the other reviews including the negative ones. I feel some other reviewers have been unduly dismissive of this book.

Contained within the pages is much useful information on Lebanese ingredients and guidance to their preparation. I have so far made quite a few of the recipes and have been more than satisfied with the results. I am convinced the recipes are authentic and workable in any modern kitchen. The Tabouleh in particular was a heatlhy and tasty treat. The pomegranate dressing took the fried aubergenes to a different level altogether! I have also learned about many unfamiliar ingredients including Sumac and Mograbieh.

I feel much better informed about Lebanese cooking as a result of having this book and would recommend it to anybody seeking an introduction to this intriguing cuisine.
on 17 August 2015