5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Story
"The Look" is a brilliant novel, classified as a children's book, which I would think would suit girls from around 12 years up, depending on their reading maturity.
The story opens with Ted (Edwina) and her sister Ava, busking on Carnaby Street in the West End of London. It is Ava's idea to get them some money. Ava is the outgoing, try anything girl and her younger...
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by Chris in Hampshire

3.0 out of 5 stars The stakes aren't high enough
Although I'm no longer a teenager, I picked this up because it combines two of the themes I loved to read about most when I was in my teens - cancer and modelling. I was possibly a rather morbid young person, but I still love to read about medical crises, and although my interest in young model/actress/ballet dancer stories has waned somewhat, I thought it would be...
Published on 16 July 2012 by Laura T

5.0 out of 5 stars The Look .... not what I expected....., 23 July 2012
mandynolan "mandynolan" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Look (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this book ....I expected it to be a vacuous read about a teen model but I was wrong!

It's a great read....Ted is tall, skinny and lacking in confidence....her sister is the beauty in the family...until one day Ted is talent spotted by a modelling firm and her life is set for big changes....

I loved this book because although it seemed to be about modelling at first, its actually about growing up, learning to love yourself and looking after your family...I really recommend it...LOVED IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A review by a teenage reader..........., 7 Jun. 2012
Bob and Billy's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Look (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this book. It described the progression of Ted's modelling career - I loved how her confidence at the start is so low and by the end it soars. The twist, telling of Ava's battle with serious illness made me like this book even more - it was so cleverly written.

There is so much detail, so many levels, and most of all an incredible ending - I loved it. I would recommend this book to all readers 12-16 yrs :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Look, 31 May 2014
The Look

Amazing gripping novel showing the strength if a model and the loyalties of families. I really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 22 April 2014
D. Pamneja (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
I would give this book five stars as it is educational as well as
entertaining! It teaches children like me how to cope with the obstacles in your life. It also shows you how other people cope with things that occur in their lives. It was funny at times, sad and overall a very good book. There was nothing that I disliked! I would recommend this book to children ages 11+ as it talks about snogging, affairs, thongs and nudity... it is one of the best books I have read and the first Sophia Bennett book. I can't wait to read "you don't know me" which is also by Sophia Bennett!

5.0 out of 5 stars The look: Sophia Bennett, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
I'm 10. But I thought this was way 12+ as the language is a bit iffy. But I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I'll ever read, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
I love this book so much and I would say it's for 10 year olds, as it has some bad words x but this book is fab! 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously Sassy, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
Feisty, fierce and simply fab! An amazing, inspirational story about love, life, family, and the struggles of the modelling world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
I love the book it's so cool and its a bit sad in it but really good book read it NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars The look, 6 May 2013
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
I am 11 and I totally love this book. I would recommend this book to anyone of around my age. It is about a stunning girl who falls seriously ill with cancer and her lanky sister gets spotted for a modelling career ,will she take the job?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: The Look (Kindle Edition)
This book total draws you in you can't wait to turn the next page and find out what's happening to Ava and whether or not Ted makes it in the modelling business! I totally recommend it to anyone

The Look
The Look by Sophia Bennett (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2012)