5.0 out of 5 stars The fairytale grows up.. or does it?
Sophia Bennett keeps the loveable tone of the past two books but adds a touch more real life to it - stress, essentially. This does not make the book less enjoyable though! I was close to tears several times during the book.

Published on 11 Feb. 2011 by Ms. J. Oberlander

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first 2
My 13 year old daughter who I bought it for said it was slow and difficult to get into she was disappointed as she loved the first 2 books
Published on 23 Jan. 2013 by Ms. Shirley Spalding

5.0 out of 5 stars The fairytale grows up.. or does it?, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights (Paperback)

Now, I am a person who really loves the fashion industry, and would find it pretty cool to get a job in the industry, so this series has been a gem to me - so unrealistic to me (12 year old designer, 14 year old planning the fashion show?), but really enjoyable to read.

Bennett's writing is fantastic, full of description and I can totally relate to exam stress, it makes it SO much more realistic with the added pressure in this book! Nevertheless, I love reading her books, I love love love the writing style and quality, and I love how she has developed the characters from young teens to young adults.

Nonie is just as sarcastic as she used to be, but she seems a lot more mature in some aspects. It took her a long time to realise that she should be focusing on school work, but hey, everyone has an element of procrastination in them.

Jenny, whom I thought was really shy/awkward in the first novel, in a good way - it was really contrasting to see a more reserved "star", is now a fully fledged Hollywood star, with the drama to match. Cliche? Not so. She is full of secrets too, and it was really interesting to find out more about her family life.

Edie... wow. After book two I thought she couldn't get more generous, but she outdid herself. I am facinated by her perfectionism, and was shocked by some of her actions in this book.... SO fun to read - like I said, I was close to tears!

Ultimately, the characters have grown up, and matured a little. They are more developed than in the first book, and it's really nice to have read all three and seen them essentially "grow up".

Now, I couldn't write this review without mentioning Crow! Aww she is so grown up, and when I found out she was 15 in this book, I was both happy and sad at the same time! I couldn't believe she was such a grown up girl already :') She definitely was developed well to show her growth. She had definitely changed in the aspect of attitude, and action. It was very realistic in the way.

Overall, for fans of the series, this is an absolute must read. For people who aren't fans of the series, this is an absolute must read. For people who have not read the series, or not heard of it, I thoroughly recommend! You may expect a happy ending, but don't go counting your eggs if you don't have chickens!

*cluck cluck*

Rating
Plot: 9/10
Full to the brim with a captivating plot, interesting side plots and loads of events happening!
Writing Quality: 9/10
Fantastic writing quality
Originality: 10/10
I sure haven't heard of another British series about realistically written about (is that a phrase?) teens involved with a teen Ugandan designer?
Characters: 9/10
I love the characters to PIECES!
Descriptions: 9/10
Lovely descriptions, made it really fantastic to read!

46/50 = 92%

5.0 out of 5 stars The spotlights are on..... who will appear?, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights (Paperback)
This is a funny, enjoyable and heart-warming story to end the Threads series. I love the mix of amazing characters, totally different personalities and fantastic dreams they have - all in one book! The writers makes her characters come to life, they are so realistic and have real-life issues, just like the rest of us. Fun, lovable and unforgettable girls - Nonie, Edie, Crow and Jenny are so unalike, yet share similar passions. As they try to find their places in society, will they end up making a mess out of it all or will they shine? Didn't want it to end - wanted more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great to energise 12 year old daughter's reading, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights (Paperback)
yep, this is a series of books we happened upon by accident and have been great to energise 12 year old daughter's reading. They mix up the interest of fashion and girls pursuing their dreams with social issues and a multi-racial background without bringing in inappropriate adult content - my daughter really raced thru these and I was happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first 2, 23 Jan. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves these, 31 May 2011
This review is from: Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights (Paperback)
A book for my 13 year old daughter. This is the second of these that I have bought for my quite girlie book-loving daughter and she loves them. Looking forward to many more please. Great present because the stories have a good mix of well written plot and enough fashion 'stuff' to satisfy the greatest diva (my daughter!).

Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights
Threads: Sequins, Stars and Spotlights by Sophia Bennett (Paperback - 7 Feb. 2011)