Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 February 2015
I never write reviews, but this book is so good that I have to! This is a very healthy way of eating & the recipes look great & I'm looking forward to trying them. I have to disagree about there being too many sweet recipes (only 19 pages out of 145 pages of recipes). Yes it means buying some different ingredients, but I've had no problem sourcing them online in the UK - I have a local wholefood delivery service as well as using a national one. I'm finding that local produce is often the same price or cheaper, which was an eye opener. I'll be weaning myself off supermarket unhealthy fast foods as fast as I can & changing to locally sourced supplies where I can, which can only be good for the environment too. I did buy my copy used & so saved a few pounds too.
on 20 May 2013
Fantastic new approach to healthy eating. Only drawback is finding some of the obscure ingredients! Definitely recommend it not only for people wanting to diet, but also for those looking for new approaches to cooking and vegetarian food!
on 28 May 2013
This book is well written and very informative.I gave it five stars because everything I have cooked has been easy and delicious and easily doable despite working full time.Although I didnt buy it to lose weight I have. A total convert
on 8 July 2012
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and finding out a lot of things that I didnt know before. I suffer quite badly with arthritis, and an inflammatory bowel disesase, so this book was of special interest to me. I havent finished reading it yet as I keep going back and looking things up, but I would highly recommend it to others, especially those with, or catering for those who have, inflammatory problems of one sort or another. A lot of information for the money!! My husband also has a tendency to get bouts of gout (not through consumption of alcohol I hasten to add!), so its suits both of us, and we have been avoiding the worst of our symptoms since first receiving the book in the post. I thought I knew a lot about nutrition, but this book has shown me how deficient in knowledge
I was in some very important areas.
on 24 July 2012
It has recently been in the press that an alkaline diet is the path to health and that with our acidic laced diets we are opening ourselves up to all sorts of nasty illnesses. With that in mind I began searching the internet for healthy and delicious recipes. I came across Honesty Healthy and ordered it. My god the food is delicious.... I am a pretty lazy cook but these recipes are easy to follow and you never feel denied. There is cancer in my family as there is in most I suppose so making these changes in my life is giving me some peace of mind that I am doing something to guard against the devastating illness I have witnessed.
on 13 December 2015
Was a bit disappointed with this book. Bought after reading the reviews but most of the recipes use ingredients I've never even seen! Haven't tried any of the recipes yet to know if they're any good. I will try to relook at it again.
on 19 September 2013
This cook book is really interesting to read and has some very different yet healthy and tasty recipes. I have given it four stars as I think it could improve by using ingredients that are more affordable and easier to get hold off.
I had to get lots of ingredients of different websites some at very high prices just to make a few treats or deserts. I would still recommend buying but maybe adapt a few things to make them easier the Avocado chocolate desert is amazing as are the coconut chocolate balls, and the smoothies like the skin booster and nutty chocolate ones.
I have not been strict with it but have just added it to my normal diet and already feel more a awake and have better skin as a result hope they bring out another
on 25 July 2012
This is a good book created by savvy nutritional cooks. There are 3 differences between this book, and most other healthy books on the market. Here they are;

(1) Recipes work. And are deeply tasty. Sounds like an obvious point for a cookbook, but you would be surprised how many recipe books are ill constructed.

(2) Photographs are inspired. If healthy eating is difficult for you, the photos will encourage you to eat well. They're on your team!

(3) Recipes don't cause gas and wind/trouser trumpets, usually associated with healthy eating. This sounds funny but is an important point if you want to stick to a healthy regime or persuade your family to stick to it.

The most useful part is the beginning the alkaline diet is explained. Very simple and effective (especially if you are menopausal or suffer from arthritis).

If the authors are reading this, well done ladies. A few cheeky suggestions for your next book? (which I shall definitely buy)

(1) Less exclamation marks? (!!!!)
(2) The description of your book on the inside sleeve is very average. You deserve a better write-up. Had I read this before the purchase, I would have returned it to the shelf. The words 'delicious' and 'mouth watering' will make any foodie cringe.
(3) The Chocolate Superfood Ganache looks superb, but unless you're Gwyneth Paltrow or Madonna, affording the LITRE of agave and 25quids worth of raw cacao will be problematic. I found the quantities for some other desserts equally painful to the pocket. But that's just me. I'm on a budget with 2 babies.

Wishing you both continued success.
on 12 June 2012
This is with out a doubt the best cookbook I have ever owned. Every single recipe is not only incredibly healthy and nourishing, but so delicious that it is hard to believe that the food you create isnt bad for you! I started cooking from it the moment I received it, and spent an entire long weekend cooking nothing other that recipes from the book. Not only did I love cooking from the book since everything is so beautifully laid out and photographed, as well as every recipe being so simple and easy to follow, but I felt like I was eating 'naughty' all weekend yet felt fantastic for it. In addition to this, I was cooking for a very sick family member who has barely been able to eat for weeks, and he thoroughly enjoyed this food, and although I dont want to go over the top, I am convinced he felt and looked better by the end of the weekend becuase of this nourishing food. I can not recommend this book highly enough. The women who created it are wonderful, gifted and talented ladies and their ethos of healthy, nourishing and delicious food, made with love, comes through in every recipe in this lovely book. I would recommend this to anyone, will be buying it as presents for everyone and am already excited for the (hopefully!) next one to come out.
on 31 December 2012
Was alittle disappointed with this having seen some recipes published in a magazine ithought it would fit in with our usual meals and we would eat a healthier diet..However this is quite a specialist diet with ingredients and equipment that are expensive and not things you would buy every day> I think if you were cooking for one or two it might be achievable but it did not fit in with my hectic famiky life.