4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful stationery, 3 Feb 2012
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I Love Stationery: Inspirational techniques, materials, and practitioners (Hardcover)
As we all become a part of the biggest craft revolution ever, making your own stationery is par for the course. If you have not got a clue how to create your own, or have simply run out of ideas - get this book. It shows you all the different techniques including hand drawn illustration, screen printing, letterpress printing, block printing and digital illustration plus bios of those who practice the techniques. The techniques are brief and this is definitely not a how-to book. It features some of the best contemporary work around. There is a good suppliers section plus blogs, trade shows and contributor details. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics blog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handmade stationery at it's best, 14 May 2012
This book showcases beautiful, handmade stationery at it's best. Illustration, screen printing, letterpress, engraving and paper cutting are all featured in beautifully presented sections- and the photography is gorgeous!

Featuring the likes of Present and Correct, Tuesday Designs, Seesaw Designs, Mr Yen and lots more, this book successfully combines illustration and printing with tactile surfaces and paper cutting. It has also introduced me to some designers I hadn't yet come across. A definite must- have for fans of stationery and the handmade!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love stationery, and this little book!, 14 April 2012
SoutherneratHeart (Arlington Heights, IL United States) - See all my reviews
"I Love Stationery" is cute, colorful and cheery. There's a lot here but it's smaller size and concise writing make it feel manageable (the book is 183 pages). "I Love Stationery" shows tons of examples of stationery from designers around the world. There's also a helpful (but brief) resources section in the back with information on suppliers, blogs and tradeshows. The book is sectioned by technique, with a number of samples of each: hand-drawn illustration, screen printing, letterpress, block printing, digital illustration, calligraphy, papercutting and collage/3d/sewn. Within each section there's some introductory copy about the technique and materials used, but I think the book is more an inspiration source than an instructional manual.

As the title says, I love stationery, so I've found this little book to be a nice addition to my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stationary, 17 May 2012
Really uselful book ofor my MA In surface pattern and for anyone that interested in these kind of thing. Good knowledge of hoe to actually produce the design and of how to use the techinque

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift., 28 Dec 2013
Mr. K. R. Cook (Surrey/ Hampshire border, England.) - See all my reviews
I like it and gave it this mark because it is adequate for purpose and as described without the usual embellishments used in most advertising

5.0 out of 5 stars So exciting!, 8 Nov 2013
I love love this book, so unique and I've taken on board some tips from the experts. Its so beautiful, the designs and colors are awesome. I would recommend fellow artists and anyone who loves to be creative to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 21 Jun 2012
If you are a stationery addict - this book it brilliant.
Contempory designs. Very Inspirational.
Lovely high quality pictures.
Info on techniques and artists too.
Good web links.
Only about 6" square, but hardbacked, with dust jacket & one I will treasure.

If you know someone with a soft spot for stationery or correspondence this would be a ideal for treat for them. (If you really like them, throw in a some lettersets & a nice pen too & they might even write you a thank you!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 23 May 2012
As a tag and stationery manufacturer, I am always looking to keep up with design and product trends. This book shows examples from around the world, under different manufacturing headings (letterpress printing, calligraphy etc). If you love stationery, this book is truly inspirational

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 4 May 2012
It's an inspiring book for anyone that loves stationary or anything related to paper. I found it to be of help for my mail art projects and for all kinds of crafts.

I Love Stationery: Inspirational techniques, materials, and practitioners