4.0 out of 5 stars Love it
I have just made 2 different sizes of the cover dress. They were quite easy, but I agree that some previous experience is necessary. I thought the instructions were quite good. They came out exactly like the photo shots and I am really pleased with the results. I am looking forward to making some of the other designs. The fabric I used was very similar to the photo and I...
Published on 22 April 2011 by Daisy

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT NOT NOT for a beginner
I got this book because the dresses look gorgeous. I started to make the 1950s pintuck dress last night. I spent 2 hours trying to pintuck the bodice, before swearing, screaming, and re-cutting the fabric bigger. I read reviews on amazon.com and other people have discovered the pattern pieces for this dress are drafted wrong, so phew, it's not me, but so so cross that...
Published on 6 Jun 2011 by lozknit

4.0 out of 5 stars Made baby's bubble playsuit, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Vintage Style for Kids: 25 Patterns for Timeless Clothes & Accessories (Paperback)
I love the clothes for girls and the dress shirt for boys. Sadly the peasant-type blouse shown in the picture is not one of the patterns. This was a disappointment.

I have only just returned to sewing after a break of thirty years so my skills are a little rusty. However, I have very successfully made the baby's bubble playsuit and I'm thrilled with it. The instructions are not always as easy as they might be, but I got there in the end. The baby's sunhat is lovely too. My next task will be the baby's dress and I plan to make the pintuck shirt eventually. I think, having got to grips with how the pattern and instructions work, it will be easier next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars ooh exciting!, 11 July 2011
love this book! truly beautiful designs, including just the thing i was looking for, an absolutely adorable little 'bubble' romper suit.

Vintage Style for Kids: 25 Patterns for Timeless Clothes & Accessories