5.0 out of 5 stars Country Socks: Classic Patterns, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns (Paperback)
As soon as I received the book I set to creating my first pair of socks. Fun, up to date patterns for the avid knitter. Suitable for more experienced knitters - beginners may have some difficulty.. Overall - FANTASTIC!!

4.0 out of 5 stars very clear and great variety, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns (Paperback)
This book is very well written and instructions are clear. most yarns used are easily available. I would make everyone of these socks with the exception of one which is excellent for a knitting book. The only thing I would say is that I was drawn to the socks on the front cover which is what made me buy this book but dissapointingly they are plain on the back. More experienced knitters would probably be able to take the pattern all the way round but I do not know how to deviate from patterns. overall an excellen book .

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns (Paperback)
But defnitely not for beginners. Has lots of lovely pictures and seems to be of varying abilities but you do need to be a competent knitter already. Really nicely presented and made a good gift for my friend even if she seemed a little daunted. To a novice like me, there seems to be a good variety of patterns and plenty of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns (Paperback)
I'm an experienced knitter but these are interesting and there's some learning to do so it's fun.
Hope I manage to complete a couple of pairs at least.

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed with ideas, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns (Paperback)
I bought this book because the patterns are really gorgeous. I would give it five stars but I found the explanations somewhat incomplete. For example, one patterm required 2.75 and 3.25 needles. I bought both, only to realize while making them only the 2.75 needles were used in the explanations. Surely this must be a mistake.

Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns
Country Weekend Socks: 25 Classic Patterns by Madeline Weston (Paperback - 25 Sep 2010)
12.98