5.0 out of 5 stars Great read
For those of you looking for a book which talks more than just the basic makeup routine, you will find this goes a tad further and can be of good reference. Great images, nice close-ups. Good diagrams and very nicely explained.
What I enjoyed the most is the "blush", "highlighting" and "contouring" section.
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by Mary M

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Kindle for IPad
I think this is probably a good book - if I could READ it! On IPad the text runs together without any spaces and is illegible, it is also difficult to navigate, with stuck pages etc. please sort this out!
Published 10 months ago by Ms. Caroline A. Wilde

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 3 Jan 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant glamor, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
This book is amazing. It's full of glamorous looks for everyone of all ages to try. It covers everything you need to know so your make up compliments your natural beauty. It's very easy to follow. I love that it covers every skin type, season and age. It's has some amazing make up looks to try. It has more examples on how to wear eye make up depending on your eye shape than I've seen in other books. One which was perfect for me, but wasn't covered in my other make up books. It covers every make up application technique and gives great beauty tips. It also shows how to do the smokey eye make up and how to apply eyeliner to your eyelid. I'm really impressed with this book and I'm glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy for beginner to intermediate, 20 Mar 2010
D "gardener" - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book. Beautiful detailed pictures and useable looks for everyday wear or nighttime with a twist. I really like the sections covering what will suit you skin tone and how to alter certain looks according to your skin tone or face shape.

Jemma Kidd gives good trade tips too! A few I already knew but plenty I didn't and considering all the magazines I consume I was surprised how much is in here. It even inspired me with a few changes to my daily makeup and I received compliments so a refresh is always good and this book provides fabulous everyday to night time wear. If I was starting out as a makeup artist I would certainly get this book but I don't think its for experienced makeup artists or those looking for wacky looks - but the average woman interesting in making themselves look the best version of themselves then this is the best book on makeup I own for that purpose. The photos are gorgeous and show the detail in good light. I have another makeup book where its hard to see the finish due to the heavy lighting and drama added to the picture which defeated the object for anyone trying to copy the look, but this book shows you wonderfully. I'd have liked even more everyday looks but then you cant have everything. An excellent purchase and I often grab it down just to read it. Lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great help for beginners, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
I'm a complete newbie to makeup and was in desperate need of guidance in this area. This book is a great starting point for beginners and a good addition to the more experienced makeup users' library. Beautiful photographs, detailed step-by-step instructions on creating various looks. I've already tried 3 different looks with fairly positive results. It's just a matter of practicing until perfection.

My only two gripes are this: the book has caucasian, asian (Chinese) and black models but no representatives from the Central/far Asian race. I'm of Indian descent so cannot find commentary on my particular kind of skin tone or makeup looks. Secondly: it would be nice to have a list of exactly what kind of colour palettes/ liners etc one should stock up on before using this book as a reference. But this is not a major gripe.

All in all, a great book and one that has actually helped me achieve more makeup confidence in 3 trials already. Go for it, and stock up on some good makeup before you begin. Also, get hints/tips from Youtube tutes as well!

Update:

I have re-read the book from beginning and there certainly are clear instructions on what shades of foundation/concealer women with my colouration should go for (yellow undertones). There is also a large close-up of an Asian Indian-looking model to indicate the skin undertones but sadly, no makeover for this model. I have toned down my "first gripe" with this book. If it were possible, I would've updated my review from 4 to 4 1/2 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but was missing something, 27 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
I bought this book after reading the recommendations on the site and I wasn't disappointed. The chapters on highlighting and contouring are some of the most thorough I have seen and the makeup applications are great for day and/or night.

However...

What I would like to have seen was a specific breakdown detailing the products used in each application. I know that there is a list of products used in the back of the book but that's not quite the same thing.

Given that that is my only complaint, I reckon that's pretty good going and I would recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars shame the companies gone into administration!, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
I didn't realise when I bought this book that the company had gone into adminstration. The books good, with pictures and step but step instructions for applying make up but unfortunately most of the products she recommends to use are her own and you can't get them any more!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read., 18 May 2010
M. Morrison "Irish-mystic" (Lisburn, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
I purchased this book along with two others because of the reviews written on Amazon by people like myself. When I received this book I looked at the pictures which are pretty but something told me I was not going to enjoy the read. I read the other two books and when I had nothing left to read I started this book. I totally adored the book by the end and am so glad I purchased it. Lots of information, tips & hints. I think for a book to start at such a disadvantage and make me have a complete U turn speaks for itself. I highly recommend this book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book., 3 Mar 2010
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
This is a truely beautiful book, of the sort that you would happily have on your coffee table. Reallly gamorous photos and excellent diagrams with good suggestions. I looked at loads before choosing this one and couldnt be happier with it. I bought it for my 15 year old daughter's birthday along with a voucher for a make-up tutorial at the local beauty salon. She was over the moon and has her nose in the book constantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good investment., 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
It is a good book for someone who has very basic skills and wanting to enhance them. It won't be good for someone who already can apply make-up like a pro. Jemma has also classified into different skin tones and what colours or make-up style suit them best. I found that very helpful. She also tells on how to apply make-up properly, and some clever make-up tips. I certainly like her style, and will be practicising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jemma Kidd Make-Up, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass (Hardcover)
Excellent and informative book. Bought this for my teenage daughter, who was impressed. I have also learnt alot about new make-up products together with practical, new application techniques that have moved me in a contemporary direction. I finally know what to do with neutral eye make-up and highlighters. A very comprehensive guide for all ages with very clear photographs.Jemma Kidd Make-Up

Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass
Jemma Kidd Make-Up Masterclass by Jemma Kidd (Hardcover - 1 Oct 2009)