4.0 out of 5 stars Lighting plan with confidence, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Perfect Lighting: inspiring solutions for every room (Hardcover)
This is a very good book. The text provided is very helpful and the layout is easy to follow, no vague suggestions. The pictures are useful to illustrate the points but I think they could have been better. We are having our hous built, and we have lighting plan as part of the whole working plan and we thought it was fine, but then after reading this book we learnt how to do it more professionally and are making major changes-- and we are making them very confidently! One thing that the book needs to add in, in future versions, is about the calcuations of light needed as per room type and per space. Giving a rough idea of acceptable ranges would have been appreciated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the novice, 2 Jan 2010
I was looking for a book that would help me with ideas for a new build. This book is fantastic for this! loads of photographs and lots of ideas. It could maybe have had a bit more on energy saving bulbs/fittings, but I guess that tech. is moving on so fast. The only other area that I am a little unsure about is how much light to have in each room? But over all an excellent book I have read it several times and use it as a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. A must for anyone re-modelling their home, 2 Mar 2009
Excellent book full of images and explanations on how to achieve the effects. A must for anyone re-modelling their home or wanting to update their lighting scheme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 April 2014
I found out about this book at an event and must say that it is really amazing. Great condition and it arrived as mentioned on the email.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast efficient service. Thank you., 8 Mar 2014
Fast efficient service of book in excellent condition. Edibally delicious photographs which will accompany the authors flagship book 'Lighting' well. Great if you plan major work on a house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lighting ideas !, 24 Feb 2014
Gillian Hinton (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely thoughfully put together book with illustrations and clear advice. Gave me lots of ideas and confirmed others I already had.
Dont be put off with lavish photos of hotels, spas etc (fab as they are) as Sally's ideas can be put into place in most ordinary homes.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 11 Nov 2011
really useful and easy to understand.nicely illustrated and will enable me to finally get the atmosphere right in my next house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Oct 2011
Beautiful book full of useful photos and advice from a real expert. I like it very much and I reccomend it by heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought it twice, because my brother stole the first!!!, 27 July 2011
This book is great!It shouldn't be me who leaves the feedback, but my brother...He made his home based on this book.This was an inspiration to him, not only as far as lighting is concerned, but also living room, fireplaces etc!He read it all(it says much, this is not only photos!)! Now, the first book is full of post-it stickers etc, he used it like a "manual" for renovating his home. I re-bought it for reference, because i like it and because it is very useful resource of info regarding lighting and tips for impoving the home atmosphere.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excekkent book especially for professionals, 16 May 2011
I am an Interior Architect and am now working on a new project, I Have not found time to read the book, but the photos on their own do prove that the writer knows her subject, well. I believe that her text will be just as inspiring and informative!!

Perfect Lighting: inspiring solutions for every room
Perfect Lighting: inspiring solutions for every room by Sally Storey (Hardcover - 25 Sep 2008)
Used & New from: £17.99