5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 31 Aug 2009
sibs55 "sibs55" (Cheesy Cheshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
Having seen Kim's work, I ordered this book before publication, but actually contains work by a number of contemporary textile artists. It provides the reader with a small "how to do" section, but this is really aimed at someone with a little bit of existing knowlewdge. The rest of the book is filled with beautiful photographs of the best selection of current work by textile artists.
If you are looking to be inspired, this is the book for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a Textiles book that will spark your imagination, 8 Jun 2010
Ann Gorman "justanotherfile" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
I bought this book after seeing the `cover piece' on display at a show and found the book interesting, but on closer examination of the book I felt a bit disappointed the intriguing pieces in this book are few and far apart. For a textiles book I found a lot of images of pieces too `flat' and more appealing as fine art pieces than textiles. But the photos of the pieces that did capture my attention are stunning pieces there is just too few of them in this book. Over all I didn't feel this book inspired me, its a nice book but I have seen much better textile books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Teaching Resource, 13 July 2012
Ms. E. Hawkins (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
I am currently doing an 'Experimental Textiles' course with Kim. We are using this book as our guide. Exceptional design exercises that I have used in my job as an Art & Art Textiles Teacher. Buy it, but use it don't just look at it, get hands on & try out the exercises.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATIONAL BOOK, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
I ORDERED THIS BOOK AFTER MEETING THE AUTHOR AT A STITCHES AND HOBBY CRAFT SHOW IN EXETER I CHATTED TO HER ABOUT SOME OF THE TECHNIQUES SHE USES, ALTHOUGH I AM A CERAMIC ARTIST I AM ALSO VERY INTERESTED IN TEXTILES SO DECIDED TO BUY THE BOOK AND HAVE A GO.
ONCE IT ARRIVED I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN IT IS VERY INSPIRING WITH DETAILS ON HOW TO GET STARTED HOW TO DEVELOP IDEAS AND DESIGNS. IT DESCRIBES THE USE OF COLOURS AND TEXTURES. I WOULD CERTAINLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 24 Jan 2013
H. Gash (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
This is one of those really inspiring books of you're into mixed media and textiles. Bought for a little inspiration into new techniques for my textiles course! Doesn't disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching resource, 22 Jun 2011
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
As a textile art teacher I found this book very useful. I am constantly trying to find new and exciting artists to share with my students... this book has plenty and with my knowledge of textiles they can make links between their own work and that of the artists (very useful!)
Having done a workshop with Kim and introducing it at school it is great to have the outline of the project within the book. Ready made resources and lots of inspiring imagery. It has inspired me to get on with my own work to!
I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, truly inspirational, 6 Nov 2009
Marisa Khan (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
What a fantastic book. I am currently doing a BTEC and was delighted to find this book because it covers all the topics i am working on, sketchbook, fusion, embroidery and so much more. Buy it, you won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
KIM THATICHAI IS AN EXCELLENT TEXTILE ARTIST, AND THE BOOK SEEMED TO HAVE ALOT OF WORK BY OTHER PEOPLE, HER FIRST BOOK IS GREAT, SO I FOUND THIS ONE A DISAPOINTMENT.

3.0 out of 5 stars Diappointing, 19 April 2010
M. Markland "mm" (GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
I borrowed the book from my Embroiderer's Guild library and it wasn't as good as I expected. I felt I had read the same things in other books. I loved doing a workshop with Kim, and would do that again. It was a good opportunity to try before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, inspirational, achievable and insightful, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Experimental Textiles (Hardcover)
Fantastic book, very well written and inspiring. Read it in detail, try out the advice and exercises because they really work. Lots of inspirational examples of stunning student and professional work. I own all of Kim's books and am a big fan. I have leant them to friends and nearly not got them back cos they are so good. I trained in design and really recommend this for beginner and experienced artists, not just textiles.

Experimental Textiles
Experimental Textiles by Kim Thittichai (Hardcover - 3 Aug 2009)
Used & New from: £8.49