5.0 out of 5 stars A great book
Found this very helpful in furthering my limited talent. I greatly admire David Curtis's skills and techniques and whilst I will never emulate them, this is a book full of ideas and inspiration. Book arrived promptly and was well packaged.
Published 3 months ago by paul

2.0 out of 5 stars not that good...
I love David Curtis's art but if you already own his other book "Capturing the moment in oils" then you don't need this book... the images are superb no doubt about that but Mr Curtis has an incredible ability of writing pages and pages about art with out really saying anything...
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by Samuela Marconcini

2.0 out of 5 stars not that good..., 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
If you want to see some good paintings it's worth the money if you want to learn how to paint better there are better books.
or then just save the money and buy some paints to paint more...

1.0 out of 5 stars A book to far?, 3 July 2010
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
Didn't ever think I would be giving a review as bad as this for a David Curtis book.
Firstly, the narrative is just rehashing many ideas from earlier books and throwing in the word 'impact' to justify it.

Secondly, many of the images (oils) are really second rate, and this is from a great admirer!

Purchased this without looking first, will not do that again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 10 April 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Art, 27 Jan 2013
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
A great book, lovely images, one of my husbands choices so I believe that he is happy with it. thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
Lots of great advice from a talented painter. I have looked at it cover to cover 3 times so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern Master, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
David Curtis is a true modern master of light. His ability to produce iconic scenes which we could walk into is in my view exceptional. This is particularly true of his wet sandy beeches.
His drawing skills are clear in the watercolour examples, but for me it is his loose almost semi impressionistic oils that show his real skill.

I think any book by David is worth purchasing and I have never been disappointed. I will continue to try to emulate his skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative book, 8 July 2012
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
I have several David Curtis books and they are all good and this is not an exception. I think he gets better as an artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars painting with impact, 9 Oct 2011
Mrs. Joy Lee - See all my reviews
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
an absolutely inspiring book for all those who love to paint. my book arrived in perfect condition, very prompt delivery and well packaged. I am really delighted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 26 Oct 2011
M. J. Stacey (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
This was just the book I needed to inspire me to approach my art in a different way.A very inspirational book.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfull David's work !, 31 July 2010
M. Robin (haute-savoie) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Painting with Impact (Hardcover)
David is an authentic passionate painter, who through this magnificently illustrated book, transmits us its unconditional love of painting.
You will find in this book, its oils and watercolors in marvellous compositions, Superb atmospheres, contres-jours etc... that being said, nothing is worth to see its paintings in plainly, as i seen them ! Anyway, if you like the work of David, this book is a beautiful part of is work.... And sorry for my bad english, i'am French !

Painting with Impact
Painting with Impact by David Curtis and Robin Capon (Hardcover - 4 May 2010)
18.80