5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation:The Stress Solution, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
I loved this book. Having read many books on similar topics before, I thought that this might have been just more of the same-but it was much more readable than any of them. In fact I devoured the book in one sitting! It's one thing reading a book and yet another, putting the message into practice. At least the book motivated me to try! The lay-out and structure were so attractive and easy to follow. I particularly appreciated the fact that the author put a lot of herself into the content-explaining her background, her vulnerabiliies and how she got into meditation. It meant that the words didn't come from someone sitting up there in a smug, lofty position advocating what we lesser mortals should do in order to attain Nirvanah. This was someone speaking from the heart, with a personal understanding of human frailties and frustrations. We can all feel better in ourselves with a little motivation and dedication-not to mention the ability not to always take ourselves too seriously! (My husband had a good laugh at me on my first attempt. My instinct was to have a rant at him, but then I thought to myself-why waste the energy and ruin my feeling of calm? I'd rather have a chuckle and then get back into the 'zone'!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation: The Stress Solution, 20 Mar. 2011
Meditation: The Stress Solution
Had tried everything else for stress and after reading an article in my local paper regarding Mary Pearson and her book Meditation: The Stress Solution I thought I would give meditation a try. I am 56 years old and recovering from cancer.
I purchased the book plus free CD from Amazon. I started to read it and could not put it down until I'd finished it!
Reading her experiences with stress in the book matched my own. Not only does the CD work it also encouraged me to enrol in her local stress solution classes, all of which have helped me immensely.
Would recommend this to anyone of any age with stress, and I can vouch that age is no barrier to meditation (it's never too late to learn).

5.0 out of 5 stars Creating a power calm, 30 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
Mary's book Mediatation: The Stress Solution is a fabulous introduction to meditation and relaxation. The first chapter is a a frank and honest description of Mary's journey into meditation which really communicates on a human to human level. This honesty provides us with strong reminder of the challenges of human experience, that the authors 'knows' about those challenges and so you feel in good company. I was encouraged to read on.
Mary's explanations of meditation, its benefits which included some 'science' which actually was brief but informative through to how to do it were easy to understand and at the same time inspiring. It is a book that can be returned to again and again as learning to meditate as Mary indicates takes practice. The CD is really helpful with clear instructions which start with short meditations that can easily be slotted into a busy day to much longer ones which are for those who have been 'at it' a while.
I can throughly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation - the stress solution, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
This book is straight forward and easy to read and it easily connects with the reader and it certainly connected with me on my journey to later becoming a Meditation Practitioner myself. The combination of easy reading and a CD that actually has a lovely soothing voice made this journey a lot easier. I used the CD religiously for a long time and even after qualifying as a meditation teacher, I still find both the book and CD very useful. I have met Mary Pearson and I know that her own personal story is not only true but that she genuinely wants to pass on the benefits of meditation to others who may be struggling with similar issues. She is committed and passionate about what she does. This is a book for the modern person in the modern world - you will gain a lot from it and more importantly, you will enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on meditation by far..., 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
Over the last few years I've read a lots of books on meditation and have become convinced that it is, indeed, the stress solution. My problem, however, has been that despite numerous attempts I've never actually managed to become a regular meditator (or, to be more honest, a meditator at all). And then I found this book .... a breakthrough moment. It's enjoyable to read, informative and contains easy to follow instructions for the beginner meditator. The CD that comes with the book alone makes it worth every penny. Rarely a day goes past where I don't feel compelled to sit down for at least 10 minutes to follow one of Mary's guided meditations and I always feel better afterwards. If you want to learn to meditate, or deal with stress, I would strongly recommend you buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book, 8 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
There really is everything you need in this book to learn how to meditate. Mary is very grounded, and uses her own personal experiences to highlight the benefits of meditation. This is a really practical and easy to follow guide, with a wide variety of techniques appropriate to us in the Western world, where we don't necessariy want to achieve Nirvana, just get some peace of mind and be able to 'turn off'. The CD is great to practice with, and I certainly have gained huge benefits from using this book. Thank you Mary - a great practical guide which would suit anyone who struggles to turn off from the 'monkey mind' and relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource for Meditation, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
Experienced meditator, teacher and wellbeing expert, Mary Pearson, has gifted a wonderfully practical book teaching how to meditate. She strips away all the mystery and spiritual fluff that has sometimes clouded the real and tangible benefits of meditation and offers a simple, easy to understand account of how anyone can usefully apply meditation in their 21st century lives for greater focus, clarity, mindfulness, peace and happiness. This book offers essential tools for a vital and happy life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!!, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
If you are even mildly curious if meditation is right for you, this book is the ideal introduction. Mary candidly reveals her own transformational experiences but also covers all the basics of how and why meditation can be of great benefit to your health and wellbeing with an easy to digest, down to earth approach.

Should your curiosity be kindled further, the accompanying CD is a great way to get started with the appropriate guidance from Mary herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation - The Stress Solution, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
This is the most calming book I have ever read. The gentle style of prose is instantly honest and reassuring that you, the reader, can achieve the peaceful mind that Mary has discovered through her regular meditation practice. The guided meditations are easy to follow and I would thoroughly recommend anyone who leads a stressful life or who wishes to simply be more relaxed generally to read this book, listen to the CD and give it a go! Sue P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meditation the stress solution. Mary Pearson, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Meditation: The Stress Solution (Paperback)
This is a must have book for busy people who would love to relax for a while. The book is very easy to read and does leave you feeling that inner peace is achievable. It is clear and concise. You get an understanding of meditation and the scientifically proven benefits without feeling overwhelmed by information.The CD included is a really useful tool as you can started immediately. I would highly recommend this book.

Meditation: The Stress Solution
Meditation: The Stress Solution by Mary Pearson (Paperback - 4 Jan. 2011)