5.0 out of 5 stars THROW OUT THE PILLS, LAUGH INSTEAD
Ian Hutson is a talented user of words and has come up with an unusual concept to improve your levels of self esteem and worth. It's an easy read, but you have to grasp the idea of viewing yourself as a pet or underdog.

Published on 2 Jun 2008 by Eccentric Rabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change, but....
Published on 2 Jun 2008 by Ruthie_M

5.0 out of 5 stars THROW OUT THE PILLS, LAUGH INSTEAD, 2 Jun 2008
Eccentric Rabbit "Laura" (Cosy Hutch in Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)

Forget the chaise longe and handing over loads of purple pieces of paper to some "expert". If you need to pump up your levels of assertiveness and self belief, then get yourself a copy of this book from a great scribe. I didn't acquire it for this reason; I discovered this writer in a different guise on eBay. As his listings are hilarious, I was hopeful his book may be of a similar ilk. Though not quite at the same level of laughter decibels, it's still a very worthy read.

Need greater confidence in yourself? Buy it and apply it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You Alright Pet?, 19 April 2008
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
Practical and funny at the same time. It really works.
I bought my copy after quickly flicking through a friends and it looked like a refreshing change from the intense and self absorbed other books I've read over the years. The book describes an easy technique about caring for ourselves as well as we mostly care for our animals and pets in England by using our inner voices to talk to ourselves the same way. Everyone says I've been talking to myself for years but now I know why. This is all about inside. I didn't have to tell even the dogs that I was doing it and I really do feel happier and more confident immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you alright Pet?, 24 April 2008
Mrs. Dl Clarkson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
The title imediately caught my attention, which was then held by the simple but life affirming message that is repeated through out the book. I really enjoyed the journey through the vignettes, and found the sincerity and humour of the situations a refreshing change from the run of the mill 'you need to change' self-help books that are churned out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative, insightful and interesting., 25 April 2008
Mrs. E. P. Appleby (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
A unique view of the human psyche. I would recommend it to anyone in need of a hug from a friend. The author's approachable, non-judgemental style makes this book difficult to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are You Alright Pet?, 18 April 2008
Mrs. E. P. Appleby (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
You'll laugh at this secret of how to love yourself
At last self help that's not from California and doesn't need me to read another book of NLP or feel like there is a trained psychiatrist to supervise me. Mad dogs and English women go out in the noonday sun it says and its true. This book is all about feelings that make a Brit a Brit like fair play and looking after underdogs and when you think about it we are a nation of petlovers and with this book its so easy to look after ourselves just as well. Written in a way to make you laugh as well as love yourselves and others around you it's a way of viewing the world.

3.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change, but...., 2 Jun 2008
Ruthie_M (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
With US authors (or UK authors writing in a US style) seeming to dominate the self-help genre it makes a refreshing change to find a book written by a Brit, and aimed at the British psyche. The ideas are really well-explained, written with a quirky humour (it's hard not to laugh out loud at some passages, so take care if reading in public!) and they do make real sense. However, after a while I found myself becoming frustrated by this book. Firstly, the repetition of the key theme is done to excess and quickly begins feels like padding, and secondly as a male I also began to feel a tad excluded as the way the book is written and the vignettes used imply that it's only women who suffer from low self-esteem, mid life crises and the like.

Ian Hutson clearly has talent and definitely something different to offer, but his style perhaps just needs a little honing yet (just ask Grace or Olivia!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked this but totally fogettable, 30 Oct 2008
E. Kerton (Leicestershire. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You Alright Pet? (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this but have now totally forgotten the content which tells me I learnt no `life tips` from this book as I have with other books which I still use tips from when needed. Not a great book to improve how you think about things. Very forgettable.

Are You Alright Pet?
Are You Alright Pet? by Ian G. Hutson (Paperback - 3 April 2008)
Used & New from: £0.99