Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 March 2014
An insightful collection of poetry and prose.
Poignant memories, echoes from the past - resonating in the present.

With only 94 pages this 'little book, with emotive clout' can be read in one sitting - however can only be truly digested/embraced through revisitation.

My thanks go to Goodreads - 'first reads' and Carcanet Press/Oxford Poets, for providing me with a copy of this book.
on 25 August 2014
Having just traced my Great Uncle Edward C Baker PTE to joining up at 17 in 1914 and dying here in 1916 I was very moved by this book. The Great War in Mesopotamia was an absolute nightmare for the British, especially the Dorsetshire Regiment, with few if any returning after being taken prisoners of war. So sad that today Iraq is still the same war zone and Amara war cemetery is still a no go area..