5.0 out of 5 stars Very British, Very useful and Very funny!
Published on 4 April 2011 by M. J. BISHOP

3.0 out of 5 stars Important but a bit heavy going at times
Veronica Chapman makes some really powerful points, but I wonder whether a confrontational approach can be counter-productive at times. There are a number of ways to climb a mountain so to speak. Having said this I like her honesty and deep understanding of the issues raised
Published 14 months ago by Mel walford

5.0 out of 5 stars Very British, Very useful and Very funny!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word (Paperback)
The other reviews say it all rather well, so I will just make a point about the review that implies some of the material may have been 'borrowed' from, an American and a Canadian author. Whether this is true or not is immaterial to me, as the information in this book is essentially the same information and there is only so many ways you can write the same thing without over complicating it. I will say though, that unlike some of the other authors out there, I find it extremely easy to understand what's written in this book - I suspect this is because the author writes in a manner that appeals to my 'British sense of humour' whilst referring to UK establishments and Government departments. Obviously if you live in the USA or Canada, there may well be more mileage in reading something from your side of the water, but if your from the UK, then Veronica is the author for you! Buy this book. You won't regret it. If I could give you a money back guarantee I would but failing that how about reading the book online before you buy it! If you google it you'll find the free .pdf which Veronica has made available to everyone. I only read three pages of that before deciding I had to buy it! Now I've given my first copy away and have come back to buy another... it's one of those books you see!
I wish true freedom to all of you - see you on the other side of this fascist regime. x

5.0 out of 5 stars DYNAMITE!, 19 Dec. 2010
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
With inexorable and refreshing (and rare) common sense, this book explains how we have all been hoodwinked in every aspect of our lives, and how to escape lawfully.

Demolishing currency and all our statute laws - still through the use of common sense - the author also describes many many legalised (but not lawful) frauds; for example how any signed loan application is actually a cheque (a promissory note) which is always cashed by the receiver and how the loan shark (bank, building society, whatever) then gives you back your own money which you nevertheless must pay back to the shark plus interest (and in the case of a mortgage, you end up giving back 3 or 4 times the original amount). If your application for a loan is rejected, it means they cashed it in anyway but kept your money. How can a loan application possibly create money of yours that you have never seen and know nothing about? The book shows how that's part of the craziness of the modern "money" set up and part of how you are kept enslaved.

When the waters of your mother (the vessel) broke, you came down the birth canal (or were pulled out of the waters by a C-section) and can be considered to be a small "ship". Your parents inform the Registry Office which registers your name and issues a birth/berth certificate for a person. We think that a 'person' is a human being but, under the 'legal' definition of statute law, a 'person' is a corporation and, to meet the criteria of maritime law, the 'person' represents a ship, a fictional entity in effect.

She (formerly a he) explains that, despite everyone telling you that you must do so, you are not legally obliged to register your child but for more you'd have to listen to Robert Menard on youtube in "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" explaining that, at the point of registration, you are creating a legal entity called a "person" which is associated with your offspring and you are abandoning ownership or title to that person. The government then seizes that "person" under the laws of maritime salvage and it becomes their property. They use it as collateral to float bonds for loans. When they remove a child without your permission - which is happening more and more and without good reason - they are not acting on the human being at all. They are removing the entity you created and abandoned and they now have title to. It is like your neighbour retrieving a jacket you borrowed, and you let them take it with your child in it. A human being and a person are not the same thing.

Throughout the author distinguishes common law from statute because the two are as different as white and blue. Policemen, she explains, are actually officers of the peace in common law (the law of the land, which applies to humans) in which capacity they do wonderful work but they also (wrongly) believe they are policymen or law enforcement officers (enforcing statutes, which are actually the law of the sea - civil law). Today's courts are designed solely for the business of fictional entities and civil law. Common law courts no longer exist so you are not given any opportunity to exercise your human, inalienable and lawful rights - only "legal" (statute, or civil, law) rights, which are different.

Laws passed by Parliament are not really enforceable against humans, only nonhuman (or fictional) entities like companies and "persons". Therefore, the government creates a false entity (a strawman) with the same name as you when registering your birth. We are all fooled into believing we are liable but on land (as opposed to sea) only this non-human can be fined, penalised and taxed under maritime law. That's why when a 'person' goes to court - a maritime court in reality - there is a dock to stand in. Judges swear to uphold common law but they are actually sitting in a civil/statute law court where they have no power over you unless you agree (which we are always fooled into doing, because we don't know any better).

Most lawyers and even clerks (or officers) of the local court genuinely have no idea what statute law really is (even the title "officer" is indicative of a ship's personnel). But those in the upper echelons of the global legal profession certainly do and the same goes for judges and leading government administrators. Most come-and-go politicians haven't a clue. Fortunately, the game is being uncovered and it is (apparently) possible to disconnect from statute slavery if you know what you're doing. This includes taxation and credit-debt, which do not apply to human beings.

And, oh joy! unlike the vast majority of these wonderful whistleblowing books, this one is written by an English person and explains the UK system rather than the slightly different US provisions (the book refers to UK statutes and our Magna Carta rather than the US Bill of Rights and Constitution).

There's much more, in this slim book. The suggestions for escape are not comfortable. I also agree with another reviewer that the right words, phrases, letters and forms explained in clear and simple detail here often will not (be permitted to) work because they rely on lawfulness, not legality (read the book to find the vast difference between legal and lawful): legal courts and legal officials are rarely lawful.

More fundamental is "The Most Dangerous Superstition" by Larken Rose. More advanced is Menard's wonderful "With Lawful Excuse" available as an ebook for $16 from the WorldFreemanSociety, but you can first have a free look on youtube at Menard's "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" to see if the book is likely to interest you. If possible, "With Lawful Excuse" is even better than his videos but I'm glad I read Chapman's book first. I also recommend that you get the "prequel", a book also called "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" and costing about $5.50, also from the WorldFreemanSociety, which provides the basics needed to get to grips with "With Lawful Excuse". Menard's books refer to Canadian law but, of course, as part of the common wealth, the system is similar to that in England.

This is such a good introduction that, while still only halfway through the book, I ordered 8 more copies.

Be warned: there is a lot of complicated detail to understand first. You need to be very clear about what you are doing - otherwise peaceful resistance is dangerous, as the authorities will get you if you make even the smallest mistake, which is VERY easy to do. For a sample of excellent and truly thought-through advice, try an internet search on "patriot mythology". The 2 books by The Antiterrorist include highly intelligent information on this aspect.

[later note: Also have a look at Google Videos & You Tube, search for lots on the strawman, on birth/berth certificate and on accepting for value, Raymond St Claire going into a local court and very politely distressing all the court officials on a fundamental point of law - all are priceless. The basis of Raymond St Claire's challenge and the reason for their distress in court is not clear in the videos but seems to be explained towards the end of the book "Freedom" by Chapman - namely that judges swear to uphold common law but they are actually sitting in a civil/statute law court where they have no power over you unless you agree (which we are always fooled into doing, because we don't know any better).

Also look for "The Law and You" by Bill Turner NZ (please don't think the info here applies only in New Zealand - every Act mentioned in Bill Turner's video has an almost exact equivalent in England and in all colonies and former colonies, including the US), "The Law - stand up and reclaim your rights" by MrAstrotheology, Mark Passio on "What on Earth is Happening" and talks by Max Igan and Dean Clifford.

The best books so far: "The End of All Evil" by John Locke, anything by David Icke, and Tellinger's "Ubuntu Contributionism" also thousands of free internet pages by Frank O'Collins of Ucadia.]

4.0 out of 5 stars Option 1: Stepping off the Monetary merry-go-round, 6 Nov. 2011
The first steps to freedom involve awareness of where we are enslaved and how we became and remain so; the second step is a combination of challenge and questioning, using common sense and facts to determine a way through and out of the monetory maze based on debt. Veronica Chapman's book works on one level and one direction very well indeed for those choosing to utilise it and having the balls to try it out for themselves. It's a very good read, I like it, the style is appropriately irreverent and refreshingly bolshy (in a very British kind of way).

From my perspective, having considered the basis for lawful rebellion to be the Magna Carter is questionable; to spend time arguing with Bailiffs, cops or any moderate adminstrative enforcer is surely to be side-stepped but the administrative chaos that can be created to good effect is well worth the fun of this approach.

There are others but there are also conflicts between approaches depending on the level of thinking used. Without getting the big picture of the individual right to freedom, it is hard for people to get motivated as to corrective action. Some say the birth certificate is a bond of enslavement, others say no - it is a receipt of our Trust capital and through this we can exercise our power over wayward Trustees acting against our best interest and in breach of Common Law.

However, Freedom is more than a seven letter word is an inspired and inspiring romp with a powerful torch through the dense dank undergrowth of legislative deception and betrayal which deserves a wide and youthful audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opener, 16 Mar. 2011
We all know something is wrong in this world, we cannot pinpoint what. Some (like me) have been blissfully ignorant for most of our lives. Like drones, we obey the rules laid before us. What this book gave me was insight - the ability to recognise the power I had by way of my own consent. Consent is a powerful tool which we readily give away and sometimes without realising. I considered myself a law-abiding 'person' and realised how naive I had been. Although I dont agree with everything in the book i.e. religion, I cannot deny the facts laid before me.

I wont bother going into the contents as this has been done in other reviews, but I can tell you briefly what difference this has made to my life so far and it is significant. It's helped me to challenge, with success, the unjustified demands that are made of me by statutes I did not consent to. We've all done it - Let's consider for a moment a good example we can all relate to - the EU membership - did you consent to be governed by the EU? We didnt get a referendum, yet the EU tell us how to live, eat, shop, play every day. Who gave them this authority?

Without our consent, the government is powerless. They need our obedience and they want our money to keep us in our place. The issue now is that they have taken their greed too far and people are waking up. The government has become a beast, sucking us dry and leaving us with barely enough money to function on - whilst squandering the public funds on themselves, the EU, wars, foreign aid and fake charities. The solution becomes obvious yet infuriating that we are treated with such contempt.

Wake up people. Start with this book if you can. Every person who understands can make a difference. There are 60 million of us and we out number them massively. If we got off our knees and were more protective of our consent, life would improve for all of us and our children. Do it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Jans Review, 16 Mar. 2011
this book is amazing, did not relise about different things in our lives concerning everything that is going on, could not put this book down its really comical in parts well worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Important but a bit heavy going at times, 29 Dec. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Read and get educated..., 17 Aug. 2012
The title says it all...

Full of information in small, easy to understand chapters detailing everything from Money, Religion, Legalese, Contracts, Honour/Dishonour, and Common Law, all the way through to the Legal Fiction Person, Court Procedures, The Hive Mind, and Mass Mind Control & Enslavement.

Examples from the author herself, Freedom of Information interactions with H M Treasury, Summary of Freeman Principles, along with updates to the 2nd Edition.

For anyone who needs a basic grounding in the principles of being a Freeman-on-the-Land, I would definitely recommend this book - a great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 24 Jun. 2010
R. Mason "masonwealth" (London) - See all my reviews
Great book I couldn't put it down, I would have given it a 5 star rating but for the continuos anti God theme & the total waste of space chapter on religion. This is a must read for anyone in the UK who is intersted in what the courts and governments can and cannot lawfully do. It's written in a conversational type of way, the chapter on The Law of Waters is simply amazing. I purchased this as I live in the UK and need as much info on the UK laws as possible.

Please don't just take the word of the author and use the information in her/his book and try to beat the unjust court/tax/fines system make sure you get more information on the subject.

This can be found on Google Videos & You Tube, search for Raymond St Clair, the anti terrorist, the strawman illusion etc etc. The videos of Raymond St Claire going into a magistrates court and distressing them and the court officails on points of law are priceless.

Most of the people in the Freeman world explain that taxes only "have" to be lawfully paid by business's not actual human beings. I'm getting as much info as possible on this.

For any Christians reading this, Jesus said render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars, if Common Law says that Caeasar can only tax business's, Ceasar will have to look elswhere for his council, income and other assocaited so called taxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Insight Into What Really Is The Law..., 6 Jan. 2013
H. Dyal (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Strongly recommend this book to everyone! This book should be taught in schools.

This is a must read for everyone, even outside the UK, where their laws are based upon the Magna Carter.

This book makes the law very easy to understand & thats the way it should be. Its no accident the masses don't understand the law - its designed that way to keep the majority in ignorance.

Its well written, easy to understand and very compelling. A Must Buy...

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read but expected more..., 23 Jun. 2010
Fideo (East London) - See all my reviews
This book is a good size, not too long but not too short either, it is in simple language which would also be a boon for some. The subject matter itself is very thought provoking and I am glad that this book has been written as it is needed in my humble opinion but I just felt that there should have been more "proof" included for some of the chapters as the author talks of sheep but surely we will be sheep if we simply take her word for on it all.

There was one sentence in the last chapter which says that if the question "What makes you so sure, Veronica, that your answers are right?" crosses your mind shows how ingrained the system of illusions has become. I found that to be quite insulting as the remark leaves no chance that I (or anyone else) could be asking that question because they are not a sheep, because they have their own mind and will not swallow all that they are told based only on the fact that they are being told it.

Overall don't miss it if you have an interest in the subject for any reason, it is worth the time to read it and more but you will need to look elsewhere for proof of what is being said or indeed do your own research entirely.

Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word by Veronica Chapman (Paperback - 31 Oct. 2010)