5.0 out of 5 stars Very British, Very useful and Very funny!
Published on 4 April 2011 by M. J. BISHOP

3.0 out of 5 stars Important but a bit heavy going at times
Veronica Chapman makes some really powerful points, but I wonder whether a confrontational approach can be counter-productive at times. There are a number of ways to climb a mountain so to speak. Having said this I like her honesty and deep understanding of the issues raised
Published 3 months ago by Mel walford

5.0 out of 5 stars Very British, Very useful and Very funny!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word (Paperback)
The other reviews say it all rather well, so I will just make a point about the review that implies some of the material may have been 'borrowed' from, an American and a Canadian author. Whether this is true or not is immaterial to me, as the information in this book is essentially the same information and there is only so many ways you can write the same thing without over complicating it. I will say though, that unlike some of the other authors out there, I find it extremely easy to understand what's written in this book - I suspect this is because the author writes in a manner that appeals to my 'British sense of humour' whilst referring to UK establishments and Government departments. Obviously if you live in the USA or Canada, there may well be more mileage in reading something from your side of the water, but if your from the UK, then Veronica is the author for you! Buy this book. You won't regret it. If I could give you a money back guarantee I would but failing that how about reading the book online before you buy it! If you google it you'll find the free .pdf which Veronica has made available to everyone. I only read three pages of that before deciding I had to buy it! Now I've given my first copy away and have come back to buy another... it's one of those books you see!
I wish true freedom to all of you - see you on the other side of this fascist regime. x

5.0 out of 5 stars DYNAMITE!, 19 Dec 2010
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
With inexorable and refreshing (and rare) common sense, this book explains how we have all been hoodwinked in every aspect of our lives, and how to escape lawfully.

Demolishing currency and all our statute laws - still through the use of common sense - the author also describes many many legalised (but not lawful) frauds; for example how any signed loan application is actually a cheque (a promissory note) which is always cashed by the receiver and how the loan shark (bank, building society, whatever) then gives you back your own money which you nevertheless must pay back to the shark plus interest (and in the case of a mortgage, you end up giving back 3 or 4 times the original amount). If your application for a loan is rejected, it means they cashed it in anyway but kept your money. How can a loan application possibly create money of yours that you have never seen and know nothing about? The book shows how that's part of the craziness of the modern "money" set up and part of how you are kept enslaved.

When the waters of your mother (the vessel) broke, you came down the birth canal (or were pulled out of the waters by a C-section) and can be considered to be a small "ship". Your parents inform the Registry Office which registers your name and issues a birth/berth certificate for a person. We think that a 'person' is a human being but, under the 'legal' definition of statute law, a 'person' is a corporation and, to meet the criteria of maritime law, the 'person' represents a ship, a fictional entity in effect.

She explains that, despite everyone telling you that you must do so, you are not legally obliged to register your child but for more you'd have to listen to Robert Menard on youtube in "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" explaining that, at the point of registration, you are creating a legal entity called a "person" which is associated with your offspring and you are abandoning ownership or title to that person. The government then seizes that "person" under the laws of maritime salvage and it becomes their property. They use it as collateral to float bonds for loans. When they remove a child without your permission - which is happening more and more and without good reason - they are not acting on the human being at all. They are removing the entity you created and abandoned and they now have title to. It is like your neighbour retrieving a jacket you borrowed, and you let them take it with your child in it. A human being and a person are not the same thing.

Throughout the author distinguishes common law from statute because the two are as different as white and blue. Policemen, she explains, are actually officers of the peace in common law (the law of the land, which applies to humans) in which capacity they do wonderful work but they also (wrongly) believe they are policymen or law enforcement officers (enforcing statutes, which are actually the law of the sea - civil law). Today's courts are designed solely for the business of fictional entities and civil law. Common law courts no longer exist so you are not given any opportunity to exercise your human, inalienable and lawful rights - only "legal" (statute, or civil, law) rights, which are different.

Laws passed by Parliament are not really enforceable against humans, only nonhuman (or fictional) entities like companies and "persons". Therefore, the government creates a false entity (a strawman) with the same name as you when registering your birth. We are all fooled into believing we are liable but on land (as opposed to sea) only this non-human can be fined, penalised and taxed under maritime law. That's why when a 'person' goes to court - a maritime court in reality - there is a dock to stand in. Judges swear to uphold common law but they are actually sitting in a civil/statute law court where they have no power over you unless you agree (which we are always fooled into doing, because we don't know any better).

Most lawyers and even clerks (or officers) of the local court genuinely have no idea what statute law really is (even the title "officer" is indicative of a ship's personnel). But those in the upper echelons of the global legal profession certainly do and the same goes for judges and leading government administrators. Most come-and-go politicians haven't a clue. Fortunately, the game is being uncovered and it is (apparently) possible to disconnect from statute slavery if you know what you're doing. This includes taxation and credit-debt, which do not apply to human beings.

And, oh joy! unlike the vast majority of these wonderful whistleblowing books, this one is written by an English person and explains the UK system rather than the slightly different US provisions (the book refers to UK statutes and our Magna Carta rather than the US Bill of Rights and Constitution).

There's much more, in this slim book. The suggestions for escape are not comfortable. I also agree with another reviewer that the right words, phrases, letters and forms explained in clear and simple detail here often will not (be permitted to) work because they rely on lawfulness, not legality (read the book to find the vast difference between legal and lawful): legal courts and legal officials are rarely lawful.

More advanced is Menard's wonderful "With Lawful Excuse" available as an ebook for $16 from the WorldFreemanSociety, but you can first have a free look on youtube at Menard's "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" to see if the book is likely to interest you. If possible, "With Lawful Excuse" is even better than his videos but I'm glad I read Chapman's book first. I also recommend that you get the "prequel", a book also called "Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" and costing about $5.50, also from the WorldFreemanSociety, which provides the basics needed to get to grips with "With Lawful Excuse". Menard's books refer to Canadian law but, of course, as part of the common wealth, the system is similar to that in England.

Be warned: there is a lot of complicated detail to understand first. You need to be very clear about what you are doing - otherwise peaceful resistance is dangerous, as the authorities will get you if you make even the smallest mistake, which is VERY easy to do. For a sample of excellent and truly thought-through advice, try an internet search on "patriot mythology". The 2 books by The Antiterrorist include highly intelligent information on this aspect. Also try an internet search on "patriot mythology" and have a look (on youtube) at "The Law - stand up and reclaim your rights" by MrAstrotheology as well as some of what Max Igan, Frank O'Collins and Dean Clifford have to say.

This is such a good introduction that, while still only halfway through the book, I ordered 8 more copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom, 22 Oct 2013
Wish I'd heard about this book when it was first published, just finished it but will have to re-read it a few times to take it all in, my memory is not what it used to be any more. The book is bloody fantastic and I will recommend it to everyone who is interested in freedom from slavery. A huge thank you to Veronica Chapman for such an inspirational book. I sat up into the early hours one night watching Veronica's presentation which was in about 14 sections I think and was well impressed, the book should be compulsive reading for all. Once again, many thanks, Les W Ingram.

5.0 out of 5 stars An eye opener, 16 Mar 2011
We all know something is wrong in this world, we cannot pinpoint what. Some (like me) have been blissfully ignorant for most of our lives. Like drones, we obey the rules laid before us. What this book gave me was insight - the ability to recognise the power I had by way of my own consent. Consent is a powerful tool which we readily give away and sometimes without realising. I considered myself a law-abiding 'person' and realised how naive I had been. Although I dont agree with everything in the book i.e. religion, I cannot deny the facts laid before me.

I wont bother going into the contents as this has been done in other reviews, but I can tell you briefly what difference this has made to my life so far and it is significant. It's helped me to challenge, with success, the unjustified demands that are made of me by statutes I did not consent to. We've all done it - Let's consider for a moment a good example we can all relate to - the EU membership - did you consent to be governed by the EU? We didnt get a referendum, yet the EU tell us how to live, eat, shop, play every day. Who gave them this authority?

Without our consent, the government is powerless. They need our obedience and they want our money to keep us in our place. The issue now is that they have taken their greed too far and people are waking up. The government has become a beast, sucking us dry and leaving us with barely enough money to function on - whilst squandering the public funds on themselves, the EU, wars, foreign aid and fake charities. The solution becomes obvious yet infuriating that we are treated with such contempt.

Wake up people. Start with this book if you can. Every person who understands can make a difference. There are 60 million of us and we out number them massively. If we got off our knees and were more protective of our consent, life would improve for all of us and our children. Do it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Jans Review, 16 Mar 2011
this book is amazing, did not relise about different things in our lives concerning everything that is going on, could not put this book down its really comical in parts well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every British citizen, 9 Feb 2014
If the entire population of the UK read this book and practised what it is telling us, then we could destroy the authorities that are illegally ruling us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strawman, 7 Feb 2014
If you have a inkling into the freeman strawman con then this book is brilliant.The author not only describes all aspects of the subject but also gives many examples of templates to be used for letters needed for dealing with agencies making unlawful claims on you.I purchased two more copies for my daughters and they are also delighted with it. Clear, and full of information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really glad I bought this book, 19 Jan 2014
Full of useful information and quite readable. If you want to know something about the 'Freeman' philosophy and its application, start here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Important but a bit heavy going at times, 29 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book :-), 13 Dec 2013
Fantastic book, i wish the beginning was written a bit more formally, then i could get a copy for my mum to wake her up, but the way the first few chapters are written would put her off. Shame, because after that it shifts into a different gear, and start really kicking ass.

Fantastic !!! Would heartily recommend it :-)

Thank you Veronica of the Chapman family, if there's a third edition, please re word the first few chapters, so it doesn't put uptight people off this fantastic eye opener. It would be great to wake them up too.

ARRAY(0xa60ee2dc)

Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word
Freedom... Is More Than Just a Seven-Letter Word by Veronica Chapman (Paperback - 31 Oct 2010)
8.09