4.0 out of 5 stars does the job if little book for the money
I used the book for self-study and passed with 96% after about 6 weeks so it worked for me even though when entering for the exam I had my doubts over whether I was ready because there isn't a whole lot of the book to provide practice material or depth of learning.

I have no IT experience and it was certainly easily understandable throughout.
Published on 8 Dec 2009 by K. Thelwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful companion to syllabus
I was due to take the ISEB intermediate, so bought this to help with the study. It follows the syllabus very closely to which it is a useful companion.

Published on 1 Oct 2009 by Sir Barnabas

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful companion to syllabus, 1 Oct 2009
This review is from: Software Testing: An Iseb Intermediate Certificate (Paperback)

That said, it is a very slim volume for the price, especially when you take into account that there is quite a lot of repetition from the foundation. Given that (I would imagine) a lot of people who take the foundation are likely to want to progress to the intermediate, then it would perhaps make more sense to combine the two publications with a more reasonable price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job if little book for the money, 8 Dec 2009
K. Thelwell - See all my reviews

I have no IT experience and it was certainly easily understandable throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way of passing ISEB, 26 Dec 2009
As a stand-alone item then this book is overpriced for the content, but if you take into account that this book covers everything you need to pass the ISEB exam then the money you save on course fees makes this a bargain.

The examples questions in the book are very close to what you will encounter in the exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 Dec 2013
Best of the best book...
Just read this book top to bottom to clear the ISEB Intermediate...
Awesome book, please make use of it

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 Sep 2013
what else can you ask for, it speaks for itself and I will recommend this book to any one interested in testing role

5.0 out of 5 stars Passed from first try, 7 July 2013
Many thanks to the authors, very easy to follow book with many great examples and mock exams.
All in all 5 star product that would recommend to any one thinking of taking this exam.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK book., 26 Aug 2012
I studied for my ISEB in early 2012 and used this book as it was recommended by my tutor.

If you have never studied Software Testing or don't have a strong background in it this book is highly recommended as it tells you in plain English the terminologies and buzzwords with proper definitions.

If you are planning on sitting the ISEB Foundation Exam reading this book isn't adequate alone.

I found that the ISEB Practice papers had a few questions which you'll struggle to find a formidable answer in the book. At times when comparing an answer from the book to what my tutor has taught me there was a slight contradiction. I believe this is because exam board is basing it's answers on tradition whereas in industry they take a more practical approach.

In all honesty, if you just want to pass the exam. Skim through the book and do the pass papers and make notes on the questions you get wrong.

I recommend this cool website called [...] because you can buy the pass papers and answers for cheap. All you have to do is memorise the answers and you'll pass 40/40.

Good luck passing ISEB guys.

Source: [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars iseb Intermediate, 29 Dec 2013
I think the concept is right , but yet again the detail and application is weak. Needs more work and beefing up with examples.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really useful guide, 25 Feb 2013
A good book for Software Testing. I am finding it really useful, as a reference book and will be using it when it comes to taking the exam. It is probably necessary to have at least read through the Foundation level book first though otherwise some things might seem a little hard/unclear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dabl, 17 Dec 2012
I have just similarly reviewed the Foundation exam counterpart from these authors, and felt it necessary to do the same for the followup.

I bought this book on the strength that the Foundation was excellent, and I needed a followup book to help me pass the Intermediate exam with similarly good grades. I passed very well, and all I used was this book and the free PDF syllabus as a reference.

This book promises all you need to pass, and it delivers! Guiding you through each step of the QA SDLC, this book does everything you need it to.

Unlike the first book, I would not recommend this for someone who doesn't have much QA sector experience, as it may be too much information for some. For others, it'll be a great reference book - if you're planning to sit the Intermediate exam soon or not.

If you're experienced in QA, use this book as part of your continued development to push for promotion, or become better at the job you're already doing.

Software Testing: An Iseb Intermediate Certificate
Software Testing: An Iseb Intermediate Certificate by Angelina Samaroo (Paperback - 17 Sep 2009)