5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to my prayers?
Published on 16 May 2008 by J. J. Hobbins

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but Very Generic
I bought this book based on all of the very positive reviews. Unfortunately I leave the purchase a little disappointed. The book is pretty, with lot's of lovely pictures to inspire you, but also very generic. A very quick scan of a Google search result for family friendly holidays will bring up all the content in here and then some.

To make matters worse, there...
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by Greg Scowen

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to my prayers?, 16 May 2008
J. J. Hobbins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
Like a lot of people we used to travel a lot before having kids. Now with children aged one and three we've been trying to work out the best way to holiday as a family i.e. how the kids can be happy, we can get a well deserved relaxing break, and we can have fun as a family. Not an easy thing to do. I've picked up a few of these books and they've never really got the balance right, they're either not practical enough, or they're so practical they take the fun out of the idea travelling with young a family.
This book gets it just right. It's beautifully produced, which makes it a pleasure to read. The advice and guidance is full of practical stuff, but delivered in a way that's meant to give you the inspiration and confidence to get on and book that trip.
I've just booked a two week holiday for our family on the back of this book - so they'd better be right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for the whole family, 7 Dec 2007
Mrs. Cecilia Littlefield (warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
We bought this book to give to our daughter and her family. It is full of fabulous things to do and places to go with your children before they grow up and decide they want to go on their own. We loved the way the book will appeal to the whole family - lots of heartening advice and ideas for our daughter and son-in-law (who were once globe-trotting backpackers)- it just shows you that you don't have to hang up your backpack, walking boots or surfboard once the children arrive. And also there's plenty for the children to enjoy - each destination chapter has got lots of practical ideas for the children to do before they go or while they are away, with great suggestions of films and books. We're really pleased to have found it , as we know it is going to be the new family bible - and we hope that they'll have many happy family holidays - because they really are the best days of your life and it's these memories that us oldies live on now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and informative, 15 Dec 2007
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
This weighty reference is an inspirational guide, and I can see it empowering parents to travel further and more intrepidly with the little'uns. It is brim-full of ideas for the whole family and I love the suggested reads for the kids, as well as projects for the brood. The photos are gorgeous and it is a pleasure to simply leaf through and imagine....sunshine, kids contentedly gathering shells or frollicking. 'Your Child Abroad: a travel health guide' would be its perfect partner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book before you plan your holiday, 24 Jan 2008
A. Hawley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
If you want some new ideas about where to go and what to do on a family holiday this is the book for you. It is a fantastic reference book to the world and you are guaranteed to find some new ideas no matter how much you've travelled and whether you're planning to stay in the UK or Europe or to venture further.

The book looks great, is wonderfully designed and easy to dip in to. It is packed with practical information making it easy to organise a holiday yourself and gives loads of top tips about places to visit and things to do. There's also some great ideas about books to read, games to play and things that you can do with your kids to get them in the mood for your chosen destination.

I have always enjoyed travelling but since having children have sometimes felt stuck for ideas. Having bought this book I feel the world has opened up again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 May 2009
Amelia Holden - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
I bought this book as I have a 1yr old and a 2 yr old and wanted to find a holiday that was good for a baby and toddler and this book was fantastic as it gave me so many options - I have booked one of the places suggested and cant wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, useful book, 28 Mar 2008
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
Having bought most of the books about travelling with children, I like this one the most. It is colourful, useful and interesting, providing a good mix of locations from the more local to the far flung, whilst accepting that it can't cover everything.I love the pages of kids stuff, and there's a good balance of the useful and fun. It's so colourful and exciting I get enthusiastic about the travel possibilities for my family every time I open it. It's definitely destined to be one of the books on my shelf that is slightly grubby and falling apart through so much use!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously inspiring, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
If you buy this book, you'll likely find yourself a fair bit poorer. The descriptions of the exotic and closer to home locations make you feel almost compelled to go there yourself. As a result, we're off to Australia with our toddlers. But we fully expect our lives to be richer as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel with Kids, 12 July 2011
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book. It's brought the excitement of travel alive for me again and makes me feel that my options for "travelling with children" are not so much restricted by my child, but from my own perceptions of what I previously thought would be feasible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend for any travelling with children, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
I found this a great help for planning our holiday abroad. It recommends things and places to go right up until their teens and covers the world. I will definitely be using this book for insipiration for all future family holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exhaustive and entertaining, 25 Nov 2007
Steve D (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book packed with information for parents and children. If you have been daunted by taking your kids overseas then this title will tell you everything you need to know. It includes preparation before you go, health, choosing a destination surviving on the road and what to do when you are there. There are also sections for your little ones, to get them excited about the destination.

I have followed Will's writings on family travel in Wanderlust magazine, and I couldn't think of anyone better qualified to write this book.

ARRAY(0xa68daf90)

Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides
Travel with Kids Footprint Travel Guides by William Gray (Paperback - 9 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: 0.01