on 21 October 2008
I'm a relative newcomer to PES, having been introduced to it by a couple of my friends about a year ago. Sick of being humiliated 7-0 or at best 6-2 by both of them i decided to pick up this guide with my new copy of PES. Quite simply, it's a treasure trove of useful info to the PES newbie and i'm sure even the most seasoned pro would find at least a handful of useful tips.

There are chapters on everything from general movement, defensive play, stats (and exactly what they translate to on the pitch) to the most unique tricks for the best players - all of which have the command list for PC/PS3/Xbox in table format. Presentation is excellent, chapters are easy to locate, great diagrams, every page has proved a revelation to me. I had no idea how many options were available from a free kick, the answer is loads!

On top of this mountain of information, you get a fantastic DVD which shows you all the moves, tricks and strategies. I watched about an hour of it yesterday and spent a further couple of hours honing my new skills on the training ground. It will take me months to digest all this but I genuinely feel like this has improved my game already and that, ultimately, is the aim of any guide. Full marks.
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2008
As a seasoned pro evo player having played the game since it was on the PS1, I was expecting to be able to learn a little from this guide. Let me explain something about pro evo; the depth of the game is what makes it better than all the rest and this guide covers EVERYTHING. It has common sense, easy to follow advice for the newcomers, stats and details for the more dedicated and analytical players, and plenty of useful nuggets even for people who think they know it all. This guide is a treasure trove and if you are serious about enhancing your enjoyment of by far the greatest football sim on any console, then buy this book. Heck, buy 2 just to say thanks.