5.0 out of 5 stars LIKE BEES, NOT BUTTERFLIES, 3 April 2010
Ms. J. L. Harrison "Joanne Harrison" (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Like Bees, Not Butterflies: Child-initiated Learning in the Early Years (Paperback)
An Excellent book, really useful to support the implementation of Early Years Foundation Stage, good Practice. Simple to read, useful for all levels of Early Years staff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, motivational book, 25 July 2010
This book is a must for anyone interested in reading more about child initiated learning. It answers the questions of what should happen in practice. The book places the child as in paramount importance and it provokes thought about the opportubities that are available to them. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback, 13 Nov 2011
This book arrived in excellent condition yesterday and I am half way through reading it! I can't put it down!! It is a brilliant book describing why we should aim for child-initiated play. There are also loads of links where you can read up on it further. As a childminder it is really good in saying why we should aim for children to take the lead in their play. I would highly recommend buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb 2011
A really helpful, hands on book that's an excellent introduction to the best way for Early Years children to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, 7 Nov 2010
A. Burniston (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I got this book as it was recommended to me a while ago by my early years consultant. I found it easy to read, and well written. It reaffirmed that we doing the right thing with our child initiated play. I have now passed it on to some of my staff at Pre-school to read, so that they understand what we are aiming for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, 30 Jan 2012
I am a parent of a one year old and a two year old and am interested in home educating them (although I probably won't cos my partner is a stickler for tradition!) Anyway I didn't read this book to do an assignment it anything but thought it was really interesting anyway. It introduced me to some new concepts (story sacks - they are ace fun to put together!) and to some different teaching styles (which sadly don't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the school and nursery websites for local schools in Southampton- more reason to home school I say!). And it also explained the best way to play with your kids to teach them without them realising you're doing it. I'm really glad I read this one. I have started keeping a diary of what the kids do now so I can demonstrate what they have learnt without trying to make them complete crafts and exercises they're not interested in- much less stressful for everyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic window into gaining understanding child development, 6 Jan 2014
This book is an excellent book to support learning about what and why children behave like they do and helps to understand how they learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like bees not butterflies, 28 Oct 2012
great text for introducing early years workers to working responsively to young children. Contributions to well known authors in the field. Accessible and interesting. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book and seller, 9 Aug 2009
Mrs. Karen Cartwright (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Product as stated in write up.

Quick delivery and in excellent condition.

I will not hesitate to buy products from the seller in the future.

Karen