1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Latin Love Lessons, 19 Nov 2007
This review is from: Latin Love Lessons: Put a Little Ovid in Your Life (Hardcover)
This book is a total delight. It's so easy and entertaining to read but it makes you feel like a smarter and better person. I love that the author has such a wide range of references - from Buffy the Vampire Slayer to Proust - and through them, and her expert but accessible analysis, brings Latin poetry to life. On virtually every page there was some gem that I wanted to remember. Best of all, this book solves all my Christmas present problems!!!!! It's perfect for my Mum, who likes to pretend she remembers some Latin from school, for my sister, who knows no Latin but will lap up the witty and pertinent relationship and dating advice, for my little brother who'll be delighted by the racy bits, and for all my friends who want to come across as a bit smarter and more cultured than they really are with minimal effort.

Latin Love Lessons: Put a Little Ovid in Your Life
Latin Love Lessons: Put a Little Ovid in Your Life by Charlotte Higgins (Hardcover - 4 Oct 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01