5.0 out of 5 stars Great projects to do with the kids, 28 May 2009
This review is from: Sewing Skills for Boys & Girls: Learn to Sew and Make 20 Fun Projects! (Paperback)
This book is great fun and perfect to work through with your kids. Mine are aged 9 (girl) and 12 (boy) and though my oldest had a moment of "you want me to sew!" we soon got past that when he realised we could create a funky cover for his ipod - which I won't replace again if he cracks the screen a second time!

My youngest loved the brooch - flowers are all the thing with her posse of friends at the moment. We all found something to make (I personally loved the felt cushion); the instructions were straight forward and step-by-step. The cartoon characters were sweet too and my youngest loved them.

All in, with the summer holidays coming, this book great, good value for money and will keep the kids occupied. I loved all the projects; they were practical, fun and pretty - plus, the kids also get to learn how to sew, which is a very good thing! A++++

5.0 out of 5 stars SO SIMPLE AND SO MUCH FUN, 23 Jun 2009
J. Robbins (Surrey) - See all my reviews
I got this book for a friends daughter however when it was delivered my 6 year old son wanted to have a go at making some of the projects. We now have our own copy and have had great fun making titchy teddy bears. It truly caters to all ages or boys and girls. Not only has my son learned new skills but my friends daughter is having a 'sewing' party with a group of friends for her birthday. This book is a wondeful way of keeping the children entertained and teaching them new skills. A must have for all parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainy Days, 13 Jun 2009
A Kid's Review
Sewing skill for boys and girls by Alison McNicol is the best ever my sister and I like to make our own presents for family and friends and are always looking for new things to make so when my mum bought us this new book we could't wait to start making the great funky fun things so no more boring rainy days for us and our friends we've started making our xmas pressies already and having great fun

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what my kids were looking for, 9 Jun 2009
Brian Boyle - See all my reviews
exactly what my kids were looking for,creative and fun yet so simple to follow the instructions and create lovely and inventive designs,I wish this book had been availabe before,I should have bought two copies as my lot are both trying to make differant things at the same time,actually,thats just what I will do,its a long time since Ive seen both of them so engrossed in a project,well done Alison.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book for kids and adults!, 15 April 2012
My 6 year old daughter and I love this book- we're learning to sew together. She's making a wee teddy at the moment, and she's thrilled to bits. She even gives up telly time with her younger sister so she can sew without interruptions from her. 'This is fun, mum. I mean really fun!' I think she can't quite believe she can create her own things, and the endless possibilities

We have done a couple of sewing kits before, but this is the next stage as it involves using patterns, choosing own materials and thread, which makes it even more fun and personalised, as well as cheaper! There are 20 distinct projects from hanging hearts and birds to a pair of slippers and a draught excluder. The instructions are simple and easy to follow with diagrams and include how to thread a needle, sew on a button, use pins, use a pattern etc etc , as well as how to do about 7 different stitches. The instructions and projects are basic enough for me to be able to teach/show her and I couldn't sew at all a couple of weeks ago!

My daughter is managing more and more herself- I generally start her off, she sews and calls when she can't get herself out of a 'fankle'. Older kids could use the book by themselves.

It's great and so wholesome and good!

5.0 out of 5 stars getting creative, 3 Nov 2011
Mrs. S. Hoddy "shoddy" (Felixstowe.U.K) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my granddaughter who has akeen interest in sewing,the explanation was excellent and for a 10 year old was perfect

Sewing Skills for Boys & Girls: Learn to Sew and Make 20 Fun Projects!
Used & New from: 6.37