5.0 out of 5 stars get hold of this book and then prepare yourself,on the other hand don t , just read it, 14 Jan 2007
Alex hollis "son of Reg" (berkshire uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
not quite realising what i was about to read,i jumped head first into this book.the prologue throws you into a dark medievil world,where the basis of this great story has its beginings told.

then without warning you are thrust into the modern day,idllic locations,an array of characters from the most innocent to the most vile share the limelight in this interwoven tale of people inextricably linked by one common denominator,A THIRST FOR BLOOD.

the authors use of graphic sexual violence and stomach churning horror may shock you,but this is balanced with a sense of normality in the situations,people, and the places the story revolves around.you will be bounced around the different sets of characters from paragraph to paragraph like you would"nt believe.but this is what keeps you gripped and renders you helpless to put book down.

this is not a genre i would normally read,but having read it,and been totally gripped by it,mr daltons next book will be a must read for me

nice one trev and all the best with the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars A new master of horror, 28 Dec 2006
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
If you like horror stories munificently laced with gruesomeness, brutal violence and plenty of sexy stuff then this is definitely the book for you. I had been looking forward to reading this book and I was not disappointed. I don't want to waffle on about the plot and subject matter but I will say that `The Possession Legacy' is a cleverly crafted story with some original ideas and well-drawn characters plunged into nightmarish yet believable situations.

I think that a great writer is someone who can take something incredible and somehow turn it into something credible. A great writer can paint a vivid picture in the reader's mind and fuel their imagination. With `The Possession Legacy', Trevor Dalton achieves this. Trevor Dalton is a great writer.

As a long-time fan of horror literature, having read works by many famous writers in the genre, I tried to think which writers may have inspired and influenced Trevor Dalton. To be honest, I could not think of anyone specific. Trevor Dalton is an original with a style all of his own.

Don't just take my word for it - buy this book. Read it... alone at night... if you dare... and if you suddenly hear a strange droning noise, be very afraid!!!

By the way, in the message from the author at the beginning of this book, Mr Dalton states that next time he will promise to do better. Well, on this evidence, this will be a difficult promise to keep and, if he does manage to fulfil his promise, his next novel `Open Tap' should be an absolute corker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diane a true scardy cat!!!!, 16 Dec 2006
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
Wow!!!! this cant be his first novel where has this bloke been, he is an undiscovered talent to scare the pants of you. Cant wait for more please !!!!! From the begining to the end I was gripped by fear slept with the light on! A must for chiller horror lovers, Stephen King watch your back!

5.0 out of 5 stars A vampire story with a difference, 14 Dec 2006
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
This is the sort of book that keeps you up all night because you just can't put it down. It has a fast pace, good character development and some interesting sub plots. All together, a darn good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars What next?, 7 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
I usually read bits of a book and then decide if I want to read the whole thing. To the authors credit, in this case I did no such thing! I enjoyed the book and actually planned when I was going to be able to read on - to find out what happened? ! It had a good story that led you along a treat! Did'nt much like mosquitos before and like them even less now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out behind the curtains especially in Wales, 15 Dec 2006
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
As a great walker who has hiked the hills and valley of Wales this book was probably more believable in the horror genre than any book I have ever read. Since I was a teenager I've took great delight in 'frightening' myself amongst the words of the great horror writers. What makes me do it? I don't know! Adrenalin... a rush... the feeling of curling up under the covers and peeking out every few minutes. We all do it don't we?

Well what can I say? This man (I Believe this is his first novel) will live on for generations. You may think I am going over the top but this is the greatest novelist in the 'fear' genre since Stephen King. Buy it. Tell your friends you have discovered a 'great'

Haylsey

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Read, 12 Jun 2011
Parm (A bookshop near you) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
A chilling, modern tale of life, betrayal, Humanity and vampires. A Story that begins in the 13th century swiftly accelerating into modern times and grips the reader from the outset.
This story unlike your run of the mill Vampire novel does not rely on the past and the natural superstition of that era. It moves swiftly from past to present day Wales and intertwines you in the everyday lives of various families going about their daily normality.
The author throws you into a mix of family emotions and troubles experienced by so many modern families while slowly seeding the birth of a modern vampire and the devastation do come..
This is an exceptional novel by a very skilled writer. Making this book a must read for fans of the Horror genre and a recommendation for anyone who has never tried that genre but always wondered where's a good place to start.
(Parm)

4.0 out of 5 stars At turns tense, poetic, moving and even humorous and sad, 19 Jun 2008
R. Nicholson-morton "Nik Morton" (Alicante, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
This debut novel is a horror thriller with erotic undertones, so if you're squeamish about grisly gore or erotica, you'd better keep clear! (That should boost the sales, then...) It starts in 1282 in Snowdon, where Llewellyn, the Prince of Wales, is fighting the English. He seems invincible, probably because he's a vampire. But his luck can't last and, shortly before he meets his gruesome doom, a mosquito bites him.

That mosquito is preserved over the years in Welsh mud, only to be disturbed by a flood in the present. Phoenix-like, the mosquito is rejuvenated and bites a sheepdog. Before long, sheep are found dead, savaged and some even bloodless. The scene is set for a motley selection of humans to interact with the curse of the mosquito and each other, and the result is death and misery for many.

While original in concept and execution, the book reminded me of early James Herbert and Stephen King. Both writers have the knack of introducing a mixture of dysfunctional and weird characters, as well as heroic innocents. Trevor Dalton treads the same road with assurance as we meet an intriguing assortment of people. Wendy and Rhys who run the Pontargothi Hotel; barman David Price, an alcoholic in denial about the death of his parents; hotel guests, among them Stephen Peters, who seems content to let his wife Lizabeth belittle and dominate him; Sarah Johnson and her bickering parents; Lynette with her parents Alan and Gillian, whose marriage is showing signs of strain; Ethel, the church flower-lady and devout Catholic.

When both Sarah and Lynette are bitten by mosquitoes, their lives are utterly transformed. The psychic link that grows between Sarah and Lynette is quite unsettling and well conveyed. The bloodlust of Llewellyn is reborn in Sarah to devastating effect.

The prose is at turns tense, poetic, moving and even humorous and sad. The author offers the reader a note - ending with, `Next time I promise I will try to do better!' There was no need to say this. Sure, point of view in some scenes shouldn't shift so much and there's a little word repetition, but these are minor faults and don't detract from the enjoyment of the book, which, for a first novel, is an accomplished imaginative outing. Don't read the blurb, though, as it gives too much away; the fact that a sequel is being written, entitled `Lynette' promises much. Horror buffs should lap it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Jun 2008
J. Head (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
Trevor, you have surpassed all my expectations. I didn't realise that you had this hidden literary talent, or such imagination. I have never read any "horror" books before, but my husband told me it is a "must" read. I could not put it down. The characters are described to perfection, and the story is very believable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Treat, 21 Nov 2007
This review is from: The Possession Legacy (Paperback)
met this guy in a gym in Spain. He heard I was a big shot president, of a publishing company and tried to persuade me that his 'chiller' novel was better than the next mans. Yeah, yeah, yaddah yaddah, blah blah blah, I'd heard it all before and let's be honest about it, if this big mans 'work out' was as impressive as his writing I'd be hardly running it to the Booker Prize or contacting Max Clifford!
His wife was cute though and Brenda persuaded me it was worth a read.
So I gave it a go.
And deary deary me, I finished the bloody thing in two days. So I guess I had to sign the big man up the next day in the Gym. I caught him when he was sweating like the preverbial roasting pig. I swear, I don't know how he held that pen.
You've heard of King and Edgar Allen Poe, James Herbert and the other one who wrote Frankenstein... Jeez... who wrote that? Anyway. Remember Dalton. Trevor. The big man, around for a few years to come me thinks.

The Possession Legacy
The Possession Legacy by Trevor, Dalton (Paperback - 11 Oct 2006)
8.88