5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful characters to love and hate, 14 Nov 2006
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
This sequel to "The Jack of Hearts" completely lived up to my expectations. It is just as exciting and full of suspense. I love the way that Mr Scott wraps up the story that was started in "The Jack of Hearts" which you thought was already happily ever after, but then Bob Heggie didn't know about Donovan Smith.

It is sheer brilliance to have the ability to write about two characters that are the complete antipathy of each other, the salt-of-the-earth Bob Heggie who appears in both books, and the sadistic bar steward Donovan Smith. You really believe in these characters and you desperately want good to win through, but life isn't always like that, is it?

5.0 out of 5 stars A million votes, 13 Nov 2006
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
Ken Scott has done it again with this sequel to his first Novel, "Jack of Hearts."
Heggie is a true hero of our times. As you read this book you are drawn in to a rollercoaster ride, with twists and turns abundant.
Scotts characters are so finely drawn its all you can do not to hiss out loud at Donovan Smiths exploits.
A must read and an excellent sequel too, this writer improves with every book

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 14 Nov 2006
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
Really enjoyed this one! Well written and 'worryingly' believable- as a female, it really makes you think- there are some nasty characters out there! Beware...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excitement that persists to the very end!, 13 Nov 2006
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
This book should carry a public health warning, not for the weak-hearted, it is a real roller coaster ride of a story. The excitement keeps you turning those pages. And to cap it all, a really satisfying conclusion, well it is for those with a vindictive nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a sequel!, 12 Nov 2006
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
This is the book I've been waiting for! A worthy sequel to JACK OF HEARTS, at last I found out what happened to the money stolen in the bank raid. Sometimes brutal, always intriguing, the story jetsets the reader from Newcastle to London to Paris to Monaco to Southern Spain and back! With more twists and turns than the Monte Carlo circuit, Scottie keeps us guessing until almost the last page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Addition!, 16 Feb 2007
Mr. M. Penalver ""Molinhio"" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
I was tipped off that the book would be a good read by a pal so I brought a copy to take with me on a recent break in Rome. I got the book a few days before and had a quick look. The story and style of writing grabbed my attention immediatley! I finished the book in a few days sitting with a cappucino by the Colluseum, perfect!

Well worth the read by any strecth, great story, written with humour and precision. Ken Scott has a knack it seems to relax the reader with his words while gripping them with the story. I will be looking out for more from this guy, a real pleasure ride full of thrills!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black hearted Donneeeeee, 29 May 2008
Lynda J. Jackson (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
The man himself gave me a copy of his book - I'd never read anything by him before and thought I would give it a go. Immediately I could visualise Donavan Smith with his evil heart and strange upbringing and even stranger ways. I kept on reading until the wee small hours as I wanted to see if Donneee would get his come uppance.
This book is a compelling read, you just NEED to know what is about to happen next. Well done Ken, cant wait to read the next book 'Jack of Hearts' Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbingly Sympathetic, 23 May 2008
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
Ken Scott's book is well worth the read. Like many of you, I have a stack of books on my nightstand and sometimes I read two or three simultaneously, choosing whichever one matches my mood. Occasionally, I'll start a book like that demands attention and won't allow time for the others. A Million Would Be Nice is one of those books. I couldn't divert from it until I was finished. It was much better than others I've read in this genre of crime thriller/suspense. Scott writes with intensity, and he is able to shift gears and thrust us into the warped thoughts and motives of various characters. While the main character is not traditionally sympathetic, there is no doubt about the origins of his sexually charged, murderous arrogance and cold-heartedness. What makes this book curiously different is that despite a few academic literary flaws, the intense writing style carries the story and lifts it above the others. Therefore, I can easily recommend A Million Would Be Nice. I didn't want to stop reading, which is the best measure for any fiction, regardless of genre.

To offer a disclaimer, I feel compelled to inform you that I bought A Million Would Be Nice because it is published by Libros International, the same company that will publish (or has published) my own novel Where the River Splits. Often, as with any review, I don't necessarily agree with nor understand the high ratings and sometimes befuddling raves. However, I truly enjoyed this book and can without hesitation recommend it.

Jeff May, askwritefish.com
As with all my writing, you can always feed it to the fish.

4.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling follow up to Jack of Hearts, 6 Aug 2009
N. Booth "Nicola Booth" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
Ken Scott delivers with his second novel. "A Million Would Be Nice" is a fine sequel to Jack of Hearts.

Scott portrays his central character well, "Donovan Smith" is hideous and bile inducing at times, but remains intriguing.

Bob Heggie returns and after we are given a glimpse into his new, comfortable Spanish life, Scott ferociously ambushes him with Donovan Smith.

What will the outcome be? Well you`ll have to read this book to discover who triumphs. (Trust me you`ll be on Team Heggie from the off...)

A book which is a non-stop-read and I look forward to future Ken Scott novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read!, 11 May 2008
D. K. Geddes - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Million Would be Nice (Paperback)
A friend gave me a copy of Ken Scott's book - I'd never read anything by him before and at first sight it didn't seem my sort of tale. But almost immediately I could visualise Donavan Smith - I even liked him at first! It wasn't long however before my lip began to curl at his activities and I wondered if he would get his come uppance. This book is a compelling read and whenever I put it down I'd work out when I'd have time to continue following the strong storyline. I won't mention the ending which made me feel ...... well, read it and you'll see!

A Million Would be Nice
A Million Would be Nice by Ken Scott (Paperback - 11 Jan 2006)
Used & New from: 14.52