5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide book to our walk.
We needed an up to date source of information for a walk planned later this year. Used the information to plan our route, stops, and accommodation. Very easily accomplished in a short time.
Published 14 months ago by colin herbert

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful book
We found this book a useful addition to the OS Map when walking the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire sections of the Ridgeway.
However we could have managed without it using the OS map and the many signposts to follow the route and the intranet to find accommodation.
Published 10 months ago by alanjohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide book to our walk., 17 May 2013
This review is from: The Ridgeway: Avebury to Ivinghoe Beacon: A Practical Guide with 53 Maps, Places to Stay, Places to Eat (British Walking Guides) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and clear guide to walking ' the Ridgeway', 22 April 2014
Straight forward, easy to follow book. Lots of good tips and 'what to look out for'. Really glad i bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful book, 12 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ridgeway, 28 May 2013
excellent publication giving all the necessary info to plan a Ridgeway expedition.Particularly good clear maps and additional details.Thoroughly to be recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars nice book but its not what i hoped for, 17 Feb 2014
first thing I will make clear/ it is a nice book so i didn't want to give it just 1 or 2 stars,
but I got it because it has 53 maps but as it turned out they are just small hand drawn maps, I kind of hoped they would be sections of OS maps with contour lines so I could leave my GPS at home, also I was hoping it would contain phone numbers for campsites along the trail, but it just says about wild camping (its ok if you don't get court) im not able to read a whole book just a paragraph or two at a time, so to be honest its not going to be of much use to me,
it does have a list of waypoints to put into my GPS so that may be some help to me.
(if I could just figure out how to put them in ;o)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much use to me, 19 Sep 2013
Hugh Finn - See all my reviews
I bought this but when I started to really look at it it seemd to be more of a 'walking tourist' guide so I replace it with the Natiuonal Trail guide.