on 14 September 2010
Its hard to travel on a bike and carry too much gear, especially books...but I'm glad I did with this one.

I cycled all the way from Paris to Beijing, through Turkey and on out through the Caucuses and through Central Asia along one branch of the Silk Roads with a group of friends and used this guide a lot. Its helpful to cyclists and non-cyclists alike, with more details on the Silk Road in China than the usual other guides.
on 15 September 2010
I am planning a 6 week trip along a large section of the Silk Road between Xi'an in China and Samarkand and Bukhara in Uzbekistan and I have found this guide book invaluable in helping me plan where I should go and what to look out for. I would say that it is indispensable to anyone planning a Silk Road journey.
on 12 April 2014
We're planning a trip to the area and have found this book to be both useful and informative. It's laid out in a similar style to Lonely Planet guides. Definitely recommend this guide if you're intending to visit the area or travel on the Silk Roads.
on 8 April 2014
This is an easy-to-read book giving me a much clearer idea of Central Asia that I will be visiting later this year. But don't expect much information about 5 star hotels.
on 16 October 2013
Haven't read it all, but have dipped in and it looks to be just I need, covers the areas well, has loads of useful tips and is as up to date as you can hope a book to be.