Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 April 2013
This book suited my Panasonic breadmaker very well. You put the ingredients in the reverse order but that is the only hiccup. The french bread is fantastic - really crisp (and fatless!) and the date and walnut bread went in 2 days. My son had it with everything. We are slowly going through the book as I am determined to try every recipe. So far so very good.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2013
I've owned a small Morphy Richards breadmaker for a couple of years and struggled to get a good reliable result using the manufacturer's instructions, which I followed to the letter. Loaves wouldn't rise properly and/or had a tough texture. I'm not keen on the products of our local baker so when I came across this book I decided to try again. I'm glad I did - an excellent wholemeal loaf at the first attempt, and I've since tried a couple of other basic recipes also with excellent results. Quantities are given for small 450g/1lb loaves as well as medium and large, which is perfect for me as a single person. I'm in no shape or form an experienced or competent cook so I figure if I can get good results then pretty much anyone can! Recipes are clear and easy to follow, and there's a wide variety of specialist breads as well as more mainstream ones. Highly recommended.
I have a new bread maker and wanted to get the best from it, so after looking at several of these books I settled on this one - and I am so pleased I did. Everything I wanted and needed to know is here, all written in simple language that a novice to bread making like myself can fully understand. This book is written by someone who really loves making bread and it shows big time on every page.

Some of the recipes may seem somewhat bizarre, but believe me, they WORK and some can produce amazing results. I haven't tried all the recipes gets, but I am working on it.

A Brilliant Book - Highly Recommended.

UPDATE: The standard white loaf recipe is far better than the one recommended with the book that came with the bread maker. I tried a couple of the recipes in the (Morphy Richards) bread maker book and was not terribly impressed, then I did the same loaves in this book and the difference is amazing. As I say, this is Brilliant.
on 7 December 2012
Invaluable

I have had a bread machine for several years and have struggled to find recipes that produce good results. So pleased I discovered this book - beautifully written and simple to follow. I thoroughly recommend.
on 6 December 2012
I have just got a compact bread machine from Lakeland and am thrilled to find that the recipes in this book include quantities for smaller machines as well as for family - sized loaves. I am now discovering lots of new breads - and all have been a success so far.
on 4 February 2016
really like the organization of recipes, for fast bread selection, each day another taste. the bread ingredients needed are really right on sight - brief and clear. So minimum time between decision which bread to make and the time you have all ingredients in a maker pan pressing start.

Cons: not many pictures, just for several breads, though this is recipes book not photo lab book :)
on 21 September 2013
The recipes in this gem of a book come out brilliantly from my Panasonic breadmaker. I am tossing two other larger and more glossy books on bread machines and keeping this one.
on 7 December 2012
I have recently purchased
"Brilliant Bread Making" by Catherine Atkinson. I found the instructions and hints very easy to follow and ideal for anyone who already has a bread making machine or has the intention of buying one. I have tried many of the recipes which have all been very successful.
"Brilliant" is certainly a fitting title.
Don Neasham.
on 13 September 2014
Having bought a bread making machine my husband tried some recipes from the internet. What a disaster - house bricks - the birds were happy! I purchased this book and what a difference. I've tried several recipes and all work well. Highly recommended.
on 31 December 2014
Excellent book - highly recommended. I've made several recipes from this book in my Panasonic bread maker. Recipes need very little adaptation and are easy to follow. Adding the ingredients in the book order rather than in order given by Panasonic did not cause problems in the light rye with Castaway loaf