Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 December 2010
I bought this book, it is brilliant with lots of ideas and recipes for anyone with a family on a budget. There are endless recipes including how to make the most of leftovers for another meal for another day. Very well written and excellent value for money.
on 22 June 2010
Ive read many so called frugal cookbooks and this is by far the best I have read. Lots of sensible and common sense ideas. Great book for someone just setting up home and trying to keep to a budget.
on 29 July 2010
I thought this book was a refreshing read after so many trashy books!!!!! Full of inspirational ideas that anyone can master.....thanks! She shows that we can all eat well, live well without spending a fortune or hours slaving in the kitchen. I certainly have picked up a few tips that I will be passing on!
on 2 September 2011
Fantastic cookbook! As a student living on a budget this book has really helped me `eat well and spend less!' It's a really well written book which is easy to follow. I have recommended to lots of friends who all enjoyed the recipes as much as I did.
on 26 April 2010
This has to be Sarah's best book to date, offering invaluable advice on how to juggle being a domestic goddess along with keeping a good house and being a great mum.
I've had to become much more organised with planning menus and creating shopping lists, but this has not been a bother as the real winner is my purse!
Buy this book ... you will not regret it.
on 20 March 2013
The recipes in this book work well, don't require lots of ingredients (and therefore keeps the cost down) and as an added bonus are also healthy. Good honest food for the whole family. Highly recommended!
on 19 August 2010
A lot of easy quick and healthy recipes which are not too hard on the pocket.
on 29 May 2014
This book is full of easy-to-do, cheap and tasty recipes that would suit the whol family. From stews to scones, this book has everything and the recipes are so simple to do, I would recommend this to any familyman/woman, especially those who have never really cooked before or who don't consider themselves to be great cooks.

Give it a go and remember- if you can read a recipe, you can cook!
on 24 May 2010
This book is invaluable - gives great receipes which are easy to make and taste great without hurting your weekly budget.

This is the second book by Sarah I have bought and look forward to more from her.

She seems to make saving money fun and shows it does not mean going without treats
on 8 March 2012
I really like this book by Sarah Flower, because it's so simple to use. I'm a student so I'm constantly trying to save money, and this book is great for that.

It contains loads of great recipes, such as different kinds of burgers, soups, pasties, pizzas, lasagnas.. It has most of what you need, and it uses easy to find ingredients so everything is cheap and easy to make.

It also contains tips on how to save money when shopping, and how to store foods properly in your cupboard.

Overall, it's a really great book if you're looking to save money but still want to be able to eat nice meals that don't take forever to cook. Buy it!